mcdonalds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

New
Reaction score
do you guys eat it? i dont lke it very much. altho ery rarely it's quite nice.

what do you think?

We take the girls there to play but the only thing I will eat is the grilled ceasar salad. The rest of the menu, I wouldn't feed to pigs! What they try to pass off as edible is nothing like the food they served 30 years ago.

And yes I remember going to McDonalds when I was a kid and getting a sack of hamburgers for dinner. They came with chopped grilled onions then too. Fresh ground beef. The resturant didn't have any seating, only out-door walk-up windows, drive-thru wasn't even invented yet! They were some good burgers then.

Fast food today will kill you! It's so processed that it loses it's quality. There is a doucmentary called SUPERSIZE ME! It is worth it's weight in gold as to the horrindous effects of fast food. The dude ate nothing but McDonalds food for 30 days and he gained about 30 pounds, got very depressed and nearly died from liver failure! His doctors begged him to quit. Boy this one is an eye opener.

lol im not living in another dimension here. i barely eat it anyway, i'm just saying as far as epilepsy goes... fast food, im talking coke/the sugar and heavy amounts of salt/fat won't trigger anything?

perhaps this belongs in the diabetes area?

There are several diets that have been studied in clinical settings as a treatment for epilepsy:
  • ketogenic diet - high fat and protein diet with minimal carbs (ie. sugars and starches)
  • modified atkins diet - again, limits carbs
  • low glycemic diet - restricts carbs by their glycemic index (ie. no sugar)
Additionally, there is a guy who goes by the nickname dogtorj who frequents E forums talking about his G.A.R.D. diet (which to my knowledge has not been studied in a clinical setting, but some people have reported success with it). You can read more about these diets in my chart of alternative treatments (see links in the page footer).

One thing they all seem to have in common is restricting carbs and starches (ie. sugars, flours). I'm not an expert here, but it seems to me that there may be a link between carbs and the seizure threshold.

Potassium, magnesium and calcium are the three big minerals that you need for proper brain function.

Back
Top Bottom