Meds On Time - alternative to pill box?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
I got an email from the manufacturer of this timer device that attaches to your pill container and sounds an alarm when you are supposed to take your meds:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009RT8B8I/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B009RT8B8I&linkCode=as2&tag=projectmana0a-20"]Amazon.com: Meds On Time Pill Reminder: Everything Else@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/218VE44v%2BwL.@@AMEPARAM@@218VE44v%2BwL[/ame]

I suppose pill boxes have an advantage in that you can always review whether or not you took your pill(s), but this device helps remind you to take them on time.

Thanks for sharing.

I have found setting alarm on my phone and pill box I got at craft store (it stays closed) to work best for me. Being that I have take meds every 4 hours, this is the smalls to fit in pocketbook.

We got one of those devices for my mom when she was starting to get forgetful and confused. Even though it seemed pretty straightforward to me, it didn't really work for her because it was confusing for her. For myself I prefer a pill box with 4 compartments for each day. I think that taking my pills within an hour or so of the correct times is close enough, so I don't worry if the time is not right on the money. And I can take it with me on the rare occasions I go somewhere.

This looks good, but a big thankyou as once I got on amazon earlier I forgot what I was looking for now I know!! :)

Its a good idea I suppose but the alarm on my phone works for me.

Neither my meds come in bottles, they both come in sheets of 10 & the sheets come in a box.
I have found the pill box works well for me & I also have a little clock that goes of at 6pm each night just in case I do forget to take my meds.

My internal clock seems to be all I need, lucky I guess.
11 and 11, the times are stuck in there like glue. I agree with arnie too, if it's not 'right' on the time it's not a big deal for me, ie: I may be in the middle of an important phone call, or walking around in public at 11, so take them at 11:20 or whatever.
Thanks for the info tho Bernard, ya never know.

I was looking at the Medic Alert watch I want when I came across this which gives you the time, reminds you when to take your meds & which ones as well as can give all the info you need if you have aphasia (can't talk) after a seizure.

It seems whoever posted that vid has at least a couple more things, one of which is a timer that fits on the cap of the medication bottle.

I have pill box, alarm on my iPhone and hubby ringing me did you take your meds (plus spare meds in my purse for when I leave the house without taking my meds).

I am useless.

Q

That would be nice to use but I'd need 5 of them. I have 5 different pill bottles, some are different meds and some are just different mgs of the same med. Plus I take more than one of the some of the pills and I'd end up forgetting if I took all the pills I need out of the case.

I keep my meds in two pill cases, one for the am and one for the pm. I have an alarm set on my phone so that I take them on time.

If you only used one or two different pill cases that would work pretty good though.

Back
Top Bottom