Mini Seizures Simple or Complex Partial

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Have any of you had a mini seizure, so brief and small, you almost don't realize it? So small that it's over in a matter of as brief as 5 seconds? If so, how often?

Ive had auras that lasted seconds, but never a seizure that lasted only seconds. All my simple partial seizures have lasted for at least a couple of minutes. But Ive had the symptoms of a seizure wanting to start for short amount of time, sometimes only seconds.

I've been having auras I think. A little while ago everything kind of went out of focus like in muffled and I couldn't say words but lasted maybe 5 seconds and went away, felt like an aura at least

Yeah it sounds more like an aura to me too. I get a odd feeling, like Im in slow motion... and then comes a weird overall feeling. Ive tried to explain it better to my doctor, but its really hard to explain exacly how I feel during those times.

To me it feels kind of like when you go under water when you're swimming, it's harder to hear things, vision seems distorted and when you come up, it is gone.

I get really short ones sometimes... It's like a short flash of deja vu for me and a very short increase in heart rate, maybe my stomach feels weird at the same time, and then it's over. Usually it's triggered by some random image or thought (I mentioned fire in one of my posts as triggering). That can last anywhere from a few seconds to a few hours. If it lasts longer than a couple of minutes, it usually moves into other things (strange smells, feeling dizzy/lightheaded).

Back
Top Bottom