Moderna Vaccine tomorrow (safe for epilepsy or those that takes lamictal?)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

notime

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi,

Now, I'm 29 and yet I still have epilepsy but so far my seizures have been treated over the 2 years with lamictal 600mg. I have a question regarding COVID-19 Vaccine.

I signed up for vaccine which I didn't think would happen so quick. I am getting the Moderna vaccine tomorrow at Walmart. I am however concerned as I did not discuss this with my neurologist. It was quick, and I didn't have an appointment for another 3 months with him. Are there any reactions to people with lamictal or epilepsy? I have primary generalized seizures. I am going to go through with it as I am tired of worrying if I will get it since I could have seizures from COVID or whatever and due to me being way overweight it puts me at a higher risk.

I understand, people shouldn't be giving medical advise except for the physicians. I tried looking and Google says there's no studies that it is harmful to people with epilepsy and I'm not sure about lamictal as it has that rash of death thing. I never had any reactions to flu vaccines or it before.

I can't vouch for the Moderna vaccine, but I am on Lamictal and had the Pfizer vaccine with no ill effects.
The Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are very similar in terms of how they are made.
I asked my neuro last month, and he confirmed that there should be no problems with any of the vaccines being used in the U.S.

Back
Top Bottom