more RNS research

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

suebear

Veteran
Reaction score
I happen to come across some RNS research which I wanted to share with the group that I found was quite interesting. Grant it surgery is difficult for anyone to endure but because this is a clinical matter to be brought into I felt it was important to share these findings as they will help patients build further questions to ask their neurologist and neurosurgeon when making plans for specific surgery he or she fits into.

This particular finding is from NeuroPace and discusses the Clinical Trials. Because every case is different, not every person will fit or meet qualifications. That is a very important factor to remember. I have never had generalized seizures or secondary generalized seizures. From what I understand they are very difficult to control. From my research there have only been a few ways to control them but because they are so difficult to manage it takes time to find the right combination.

The best I can suggest is to read below and use the information below to help you build a list of questions to further take into your neurologist and neurosurgeon.

http://www.neuropace.com/trials/overview.html

Keep an open mind and above all, listen to what the medical professional is stating. If you feel there is going to be trouble grasping this information, take in a family member or a trusting friend who can explain all of this to you after the visit. Another option is to bring a note pad with pen to write things down they feel are important to remember. Keep thinking positive!

It states at the top of the page:
The RNS® System Pivotal Clinical Investigation is closed to enrollment
They are not accepting more patients at this time.

It states at the top of the page:They are not accepting more patients at this time.

If you read through the article it gives an entire list of clinics who are accepting them; that list is below toward the bottom of the article.

My point of using this particular article is to provide the information that is contained within as to what it states. It gave some interesting documentation on the type of seizures that are worked with which I found interesting and I felt others on the forum would find it quite interesting as well.

I am still learning quite a lot about RNS as I learn more regarding the DBS which I have. The medical research I am doing for my own purposes on the DBS I am coming across information for the RNS so I wanted to share information which I located on this clinical study. :twocents:

Thank you sue the link u sent me earlier was very informative I just need to do some research on partial onset seizures.

Back
Top Bottom