Multifocal contact lenses

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried multifocal contact lenses? These are contacts that you can wear to help with both your near and far vision.

Me, for example, wear bifocal glasses. If I wear my contacts then I need to have reading glasses.. When I wear multifocal contacts then I don't need to have the reading glasses, the contacts do this. They are not bifocal contacts.

One eye helps with the close vision and the other is for the far. When I shut the eye that is for my near vision then my far vision is blurry. When I shut my eye for the far vision then the eye for the near vision is blurry.

Sometimes at night, after I've been using my eyes all day, I have noticed that the far vision is a bit bury. I've been wearing them for about two weeks now and haven't noticed any problems seizure wise.

Last edited:
Haven't tried those....yet. It is a drag when you get to the age where you need at least three kinds of glasses (and sunglasses! prescription and nonRx).

Sometimes it can take a bit of adjusting to get the right lenses, so if they keep bothering you, don't be shy about asking the eye doc to make a change.

I have to get to the optometrist soon. I know my Rx hasn't changed--I can see fine with my glasses or contacts. Recently I've noticed I have to remove my glasses or wear reading glasses over my contacts to do close-up things. When I take my glasses off/contacts out, I don't actually have any problems, either. It's like I need to wear glasses to "cancel out" the contacts if I want to read, work on the computer or do crafts & handwork.

Sometimes it can take a bit of adjusting to get the right lenses, so if they keep bothering you, don't be shy about asking the eye doc to make a change.

The dr said they're something that your eyes need to get use to using. Sometimes people might take a few weeks. I don't think it's going to take me that long. I have to look out of the eye the contact is in to see far away to see far away. And look out of the eye that the contact is in to see close to see close. You have to concentrate more on the eye that you need to be using. I don't really know how to explain it

Haven't tried those....yet. It is a drag when you get to the age where you need at least three kinds of glasses (and sunglasses! prescription and nonRx).

I can actually carry a smaller purse now since I don't have to have glasses in it!

Back
Top Bottom