My artwork in review

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lately I have been painting some rooms in my house, Hawke. Not nearly as much fun as the fine art, but a necessity non-the-less. Thanks for asking though.

Thanks Robinn. :) I agree. And all the lessons she made me take have helped me to at least be able to appreciate the talent that people have. And...it's made me so that I'm not afraid to try things that I may really be bad at first. My hubby is still amazed when I'll sit there and take over his toolbox and make repairs around the house, or put together stuff....My mom raised me to be a "girly" girl, but the lessons all helped me to develop confidence. So you're just as likely to catch me watching "This Old House" as you are to catch me at an art gallery. Frustrates my mom, and makes my hubby smile and shake his head.... :)

Robin, your third set of artwork made me think back to when I was young. I used to love to draw, and one of my very favorite subjects was trees. Mine were never as good as yours, though!

Thanks for sharing your work. It's lovely.

Thank you Ms. Lynn
In history the tree was a symbol of life. I was always intrigued by this in my art history classes. I studied how each culture used that symbol.

When Rebecca became ill, I looked to trees as a symbol of strength. I imagined that the branches and twigs were like the neuronal branches in her brain. I envisioned that if a branch were broken it still could exist, and infact grew new branches in its place. Lots of analogies, which might bore you, so I will just say that that drawing them helped me keep my emotional balance.

Robin,
I don't have any way of knowing if the same person has written all of these reviews of your art (?), but I REALLY like your trees and this "critique" was well written and insightful instead of being full of big words and ideas. In our back yard of the home where I grew up in St. Louis my mother had planted a few brances or twigs of willow tree. I think it was to her own amazement that they grew into a huge willow tree that dominated the back yard for years until it started to attract the wrong kind of ants. But we all loved it and there was a little "seat" among the branches and I would sit in that willow tree in the summer. Thanks for the great artwork!

Back
Top Bottom