My brother

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

hazey

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Im in shock....my beautiful brother died two weeks ago in his sleep. He had his first seizure five years ago after the death of our mum. He was 26. I just cant believe that he has gone. Im trying to comfort myself with the thought that he knew nothing at the end and he is now free of absences, fits and pills.

I have read through lots of posts on here and my heart goes out to all of you..

Hazey x

Hello Hazey!

Welcome to CWE Board. I am sorry for the loss of your mom and brother. My heart just sunk when I read your post. I hope you are staying strong through what you went through. I know it maybe hard. But if you ever need anything there is alot of people on this board to talk to. Take care and I hope to hear more from you.

God Bless!

You have our condolences Hazey. Losing anyone is difficult, but especially when they're young. You and your family will be in my prayers.

(((Hazey))) Oh, what a difficult time you've had. I'm so sorry. I'm sending love and prayers.

Hello, Hazey
Yes, you have my sincerest condolences also. Like Ashley says, this is a great place to come to for support. Please come back whenever you need to talk. Take care!:) ~Ann T.

Hi Hazey - welcome
I am so sorry for the loss of your brother.

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you are finding comfort, imagining him in a better place now. Treasure those memories of him and he will be close to you.

((((( Hazey )))))

So sorry to hear the loss of your brother, as
well as deepest sympathies of your loss of your
mother from long ago. I do wish to welcome you
to CWE - you are in our thoughts and prayers;
Much hugs to you and family and relatives:

hugs.gif

Hi Hazey, welcome to the forum.

Condolences on the loss of your brother. :e:

Hazey,

My condolences to you on the loss of your brother at such a young age.

Cindy

Awww, Hazey

My sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother, especially at such a young age.

Please accept my sincerest welcome to CWE....

Thankyou for the warm welcome

Thankyou so much for the warm welcome. I feel the support and warm wishes.

Have a great day everyone.

Hazey. x

I'm so sorry to hear about your incredible loss of both you mother and brother.

It does seem so unfair. My great grandmother lived to her 90s, smoked all her life, and outlived all of her children. I suppose she felt a lot of grief every time one of her children died. I have a lot of mannerisms like my grandfather (we also looked similar) and she definitely saw that similarity when she first met me. It felt weird, but also good. I was personally very close to my grandfather.

Maybe the message is that both your brother and mother live on in your memories, mannerisms and leave a strong impression on you. In turn, you also pass that impression and your memories to others around you. Personally, I believe we all have a purpose. It's just not obvious sometimes.

With deepest sympathy

Haird18 has a signature line above that says it best:

"We are each of us angels with one wing,
we can only fly embracing each other"

May you feel the embraces that help you fly again. :e:

Welcome Hazey, I am so sorry about your Father and your Brother. Please comfort yourself. Your brother probably did not feel a thing. You sound like a very loving and kind person who will soon have peace where there is pain. Teresa

Hazey -

I'm sorry that I didn't see this post earlier. I just want to send my condolences ot you and your family. I know your pain and shock. SUDEP is a very hard thing to understand and accept. When my daughter died 2 years ago, I wasn't sure how I was going to go on and it seemed so unfair that she would not see her daughter grow up. It's a good thing that I am strong in my faith because God just wrapped his arms around me and helped me to be strong. He had a plan in all of this and I just needed to trust him. He has put many, many wonderful people in my life to help me raise awareness and much needed funding. Of course, I want people to understand that Epilepsy is a disorder that affects everyone in a family and people with Epilepsy need to be treated just like everyone else. You and your family are in my prayers as you start down the road of grief.

Dear Hazey,
My heart goes out to you, there are no words....
Please try and look after yourself, in that way you will honor him and his memory.
I hope you have people around to help support you at this time.
I lost a brother suddenly to a heart attack, he was only 37, the shock is brutal.
If I can help just by listening, I am here.
Kathie xxx

Back
Top Bottom