• one of the thousand points of light

Votes: 69 41.3%
  • not a good listener, but cares

Votes: 34 20.4%
  • very career oriented and busy

Votes: 64 38.3%

• Total voters

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I tried an epilepologist after my neuro said he had shared my EEG with her. She was horrid, very insulting and made both me and my husband angry with her attitude. Went back to my neuro, at least he's nice. GP is nice too, but I find with Kaiser Permanente I just have to be my own advocate as they don't really actively engage - have to e-mail and often they don't want to have me come in, just phone appt. Neuro has seen me twice in 12 years in person, talked to me on the phone a handful of time, and e-mailed a lot. I don't really want more contact than that at this point, at least he's not insulting like the e and doesn't seem to have a god complex.

I've been happy with my neurologist up till my last visit. He's never has much of a bedside manner, but that's how they are here in Germany. He pissed me off the last time though when he looked at the results of my latest blood test. It didn't look good and he got kind of ignorant with me, asking my why the results were so bad! I told him I must have made a mistake, I thought he was the doc and was supposed to tell me why....lol

Anyway, he increased my dosage, again...

I've never been happy with any epileptologist I've seen.

My neuro who I've seen be 24 yrs in sept is brillant has sent me to some of the top epileptologist and I've always ended up going back to himand I've seen probably 6 maybe more. Epileptologist I've seen are arrogant and I don't care for that in a doc.

Wife's neurologist in Colorado Springs and Oklahoma City (OU Physicians) we're both awesome. PM me for names if interested. The neurologist and wife's OB both worked together very well when Kaley was pregnant with our son in 2011. We just moved to Panama City, FL in June and we're not too impressed with the one TRICARE gave us here. If things don't turn around after the next visit, we're going to request a new one. It seems like there's hardly any selection here.

My last few visits haven't been too well. I go and tell him that I had a couple of episodes (how long they lasted, what happened etc.) Meanwhile he's "Uh-huh-ing" (if that's a word), checking my reflexes, shining the light in my ears while I'm making shadow puppets on the other side :oops:

(Clearing throat) Anyway after I tell him all that has happened he'll basically just up my medication so much, order another blood sample and send me on my way. Thanks for the $275! Tip your waitresses! Come back again soon!

Wait, why did I come again:?: The benefit between him and my last one is free parking and it takes 20 minutes less to get there.

Last edited:
My neurologist is pretty good. She knows what she is doing.

Sorry, Bernard but there should be a poll answer which says, "Is an ignorant yet arrogant jerk".

My epileptologist is very career-oriented and busy, but she is also compassionate and her academic side helps me trust her expertise. It's hard for me to trust doctors, so I hope to keep this one as long as possible.

My new neurologist speaks faster than lightning and started answering before I've finished asking a question. It's annoying, but I think he's pretty good. That being said, I've only seen him a few times. Just wish I could give him some of my phenobarb and make him slow down a notch!

Sorry, Bernard but there should be a poll answer which says, "Is an ignorant yet arrogant jerk".
^^This was a while ago based on my experiences with Kaiser SoCal. I would like to change my vote to "one of the 1000 points of light" based on my new Kaiser Hawaii Neurologist.

He has agreed to do all the testing that the other docs thought was unnecessary. Right now I'm in for an inpatient VEEG. Tonight there was a mix up with the dose of meds I was supposed to get but the nurse was able to get him on the phone at home at 9:30pm and get it straightened out. That's above and beyond nice.

My last visit with my neuro was incredibly brief, since it was just a check-in and I was in a rush. But since I have to fork over a $40 co-pay no matter how long or short the visit is, I think I will use the next one to quiz my neuro about how he and his colleagues approach the doctor-patient relationship...

Dr. Wilensky finally retired. I have been going thru different doctors. A woman my age in Tacoma I do not trust and one in Seattle who is trying to put me on old meds that created more seizures . What to do , What to do.

Back
Top Bottom