My Ruby Slippers:I'm off to see the wizard

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey everybody! :)

Today I went to see the neurologist. I felt too sick to get dressed so I wore my pajamas to her office. I walked into her office, everyone gathered around me, and I looked at myself...

There I stood in blue "cloud print" pj pants, my blue sweat shirt, my hair not brushed, no makeup on... :soap:

But the true icing on the cake??? When I looked down, I suddenly realized that I was wearing my black socks with my DIAMOND sandles! :roflmao:

I mean these slip-on sandles have diamonds and sparkles all over the top of them! So, I've had that song in my head for the rest of the day, "I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz." :D

Hugs. -Julie

Last edited:
Good that you can laugh at yourself after your day.

Maybe that is for the good things to come!! Sparkle and diamonds! Hope the appt. went well for you! Don't feel bad..I went to our local coffee/donut shop for the kids and their H.S. friends in my butterfly sleep pants this a.m. I figured they looked cheerful enough! I usually don't do that, but it worked!

Michelle : )

Oh, WOW

But at least you can laugh at yourself.......that's the important thing.......:banana::banana:

I've got style alright... :D

And I'd like to thank: :pop:
Wal-Mart for the sweatshirt and socks
JCPenney for the pj pants...

My Mother for my hygeine habits :clap:

But, most especially, I need to thank my Mother-in-Law for those "beautiful" DIAMOND and Sparkle slippers! After all, those were the highlight of my whole outfit. ;-)

:pop: The show is over folks...

You all are fun people! Thanks for supporting me!! Love all, Julie

I hope the appt went well.

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to leave the house unless I have my hair blow-dried and a tiny bit of consealer...Several years ago, I dislocated my hip. It was excruciating. I called the only chiropractor in town, but he couldn't see me for 2 days. The ER was nothing more than a joke. When I finally was able to get in I was in the sweats I had on for the past 2 days, no shoes, my hair wasn't washed, no makeup. He took one look at me and said, "You must really be in pain. I can always tell how bad a person feels by the way they're dressed." Thanks, doc. ;)

At least you can laugh about it. :)

LOL....I've done something similar when I wasn't feeling well. And what can ya say, they say that laughter is good medicine. :)

18 months ago, before my epilepsy got REALLY bad, I wouldn't even leave the house for the school run without full make-up, 3 inch heels,hair washed,blow dried and straightened, and the trendiest outfit there is...fast forward 18 months and add topamax and gabapentin and lots of complex partial seizures every day...I do the school run in whatever pair of jeans comes to hand first, with the first semi-clean t-shirt I grab, I think I've forgotten how to apply make-up, I slip on my trainers that I never untie, and i scrape my hair back into a ponytail without even dragging myself in front of a mirror...Amazing how your priorities change!!

This thread reminded me

about when I was in college & most people were pretty busy- no time to talk. It wasn't until halfway through the morn did I realize that I'd been walking around with my belt undone. :paperbag:

Now that I remember it I'm pretty sure I was deliberately trying to forget.

Shoot, if don't have to leave the house, I seldom get dressed. Mumus and crocs are my very best friends!

5:00 pm morphing

After working in a long sleeve dress shirt, slacks, and a tie all day - I am changed into shorts, t-shirt and sandals 5 minutes after I get home.

When I'm not working, I'm in my pajamas. :) Might as well be comfy. Especially when you're dealing with triple digit temps or teenagers who need an attitude adjustment.

I've gone to work with my dry cleaners' numbered tag still pinned to my clothing...just another number!

And since I wear a lot of tag-less clothing, I occasionally wear it inside out. But, I recall a time when that was fashionable.

We might be starting a fashion trend.

She never missed a beat!

When I'm not working, I'm in my pajamas. :) Might as well be comfy. Especially when you're dealing with triple digit temps or teenagers who need an attitude adjustment.

I pray --- not both at the same time!

:eek:

--------

But Julie thanks for the laugh!

---------

Moreover I just have to share this one!
(No - this was not me, but a fellow came
in to the Primary's Office (HMO), he had
warned them he was very, very sick, but
apparently they insisted on him coming in,
so he came in with his PJ's, bunny rabbit
slippers, and a bathrobe and a box of
Kleenex ... everyone was seated on the
opposite side of the room and he was just
honking and coughing like crazy until finally
the Nurse came out "OK, we got the idea,
You are really sick Mr. XXXX, you may go
home! We do not need to spread it around"

And the way he talked," Bud Ib towb youb
bat Ib bab a bab kwold kan Noff! Ib febby
Bick! Bib be muffin gorb iff mease."

Nurse response: "I'm sorry Mr. XXX, I suggest
Nyquil, Theraflu, and just go to bed and let it
run its course. Now go home please Sir?"

(I believe this Nurse has excelled in Cold Language
5.0 Course in Nursing School, she didn't miss a
beat!)

The Best! I just love off the wall! Once, walked into my local deli late at night only to find this very confident beautiful woman in her kooky bunny PJ's, huge fluffy slippers and hair in a french twist! She was just placing her items on the counter as if usual. If she had your ruby slippers she would have been a knock out! Cinnabar

P.S. You've got me thinking (Oh! that's dangerous territory). I would like to see a "National Pajama Day" instituted! This country of ours needs a laugh.

Last edited:
Rebecca had pajama day at school last friday.

I get up at 4:45 in order to take Rebecca to the ice rink. I gather all my clothes in the dark so as not to wake up my husband. I reached in to the closet to get my sneakers, grabbed my clothes, dressed, made her breakfast, coffee for me, out the door.

I am at the rink and happen to look down, and realize I am wearing two different sneakers. I could only laugh about it.

Another time I had a function to go to, had bought a dress the day before. Was getting ready right before the event and put on the dress only to find out that the sensor "thingy" was still on the dress. In a place I could not hide it. (for those of you that have seen Last Chance Harvey, you will laugh) so I call the store where I bought it, and told them the situation. The salesperson that sold the dress to me, met me at the event, by my car and used the tool to take the plastic sensor off. I was so impressed.

Julie - I have a pair of those sandals too. Mine are black with the rhinestones

Back
Top Bottom