need answers

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You really should get into grief counseling. We are here for support but it almost sounds like you may need intervention.

You have my deepest condolances at the loss of your son. Please make an appointment tomorrow to talk with someone. It really does help.

I lost both my parents 3 1/2 months apart due to atrocious medical care, I was devastated. Neither one should have died, but they did. I went into grief counseling because everyday living was just to much.

Please see someone very soon.

2d00050e.gif

Our hospice has a grief group that helped us a lot. They had a seperate group for kids also. We would go together and Nicole would go with the kids. I really learned a lot about grief that I didn't know before. Recently my minister said that grief is a love word and it made so much sense to me. If you stop grieving, you stop loving and we know that will never happen. Sometimes I'll be sitting at my desk at work and all of a sudden, I start to cry. You will never stop missing them.

I understand how you feel. Cherish your memories. My dtr is now on an add on drug. Topomax to go along with her lamactil. Yikes. Scary. She's sooooo tired all the time. I feel for her. I wish I could take it away. Cheers to you for taking care of your dtr's little one. How is she now? s-j

new to the site but I would like to say a few words about my son was taken away from us from a sz I am angry because my son was diagnosed with ep in july of 06 and my dearest son passed away on my birthday 5/22/07 not even a year with ep and it took his life he was only 23 years old and very healthy so we can't figure out what happened and why were still searching for answers but I know I will never get them he left behind a new baby boy which he was 3mo old and a new bride and 3bro 3 sis its very hard cause we are not supposed to burry our children there supposed to burry us I'm still questioning why my son so I want to get more envolved cause no one seems to want to talk about sudep
I'm sooooo very sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a child especially when it's a young child. (23 years is too young to pass away). My dtr is 17 yrs old and I fear for her every day of my life. She has grand mal seizures and it's very scary for everyone including her. Was your son on any meds at all? I would ask questions from the medical society or whoever was treating him as to what happened. I really feel your loss. s-j

S-J - Nicole is now 6 and has been diagnosed with Epilespy. For her it is hereditary.

I also am very sorry for your loss. My condolences and many thoughts to you.

I know how hard it is to go through the loss of a child, my only son was stillborn and I also have the hardest times now during the month of February which he was born.

I also lost an uncle many years ago due to a seizure, he had a grand mal while swimming in the river and drowned.

My son would have turned 11 this past Feb. and I still to this day mourn and grieve over the loss of him alot and think of him everyday. I see a counselor for many things and my loss is one of them. And she really does help me.

Also, all of the previous responses are things I would tell you.

my only son was stillborn and I also have the hardest times now during the month of February which he was born.

We lost our second child at 7 months into the pregnancy. He would have been 25 this last February. My wife cries every year.

As noted above, that means we are still loving them.

dontknowy - No one will ever be able to tell you 'why'. No matter how truthful they may be or compassionate they feel, they will not be able to answer that question.

What we can do is be there for you. Lean on us or yell at us, it doesn't matter because we will still be there for you.

You can lean on others while you do cry and you are welcome here anytime.

:e::e::e:

Back
Top Bottom