need your help

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Mom2tripp

New
Reaction score
Tripp is now taking 1000mg of Depokate dr in the am and again before bedtime. He takes 500mg of it 6 hours after his morning dose. We are going down on his Tegretol so now it is 200mg am and 100mg pm.
Yesterday right before his afternoon dose fo Depokate he had the head turn seziure and he fell on the floor...nothing broken but a chip of paint off my wall where the magazine stand hit it when his head hit the magazine stand.
At around 8 pm last night he had a couple of the head turns then I gave him his night dose of Depokate and the tegretol. He went to bed at 8:45 as soon as he was falling asleep he got a frighten look and tried to get out of the bed...turning around and around in the bed. I shook him and said You're ok...got back to sleep. He did this over and over again and again. I gave him an Ativan 1 mg and they finally stopped.
Any idea what these are...are the seizures...because they do start with his head turning as they do when he is awake?

They could be CP seizures. Automatisms are common with them. Definitely follow up with the doctor.

When I was young...

...the head turns would precede ALL my seizing.

I grew out of it and am now nocturnally seizing ONLY when I'm down from stress or illness.

Definitely follow up with the doc.

Hang in there...remember it usually looks much worse than it really is (so I'm told)

Peace
Spencer
:rock:

I have never witnessed this type of seizure but I have read about them often. The one thing that did catch my eye with what you wrote is:

as he was falling asleep he got a frighten look and tried to get out of the bed...turning around and around in the bed. I shook him and said You're ok...got back to sleep.

I have also read that talking gently and reassuring that everything will be okay and that you are there for him, helps. Certainly I don't mean to imply that isn't what you did. I read someones post that the seizures were less intense when they were comforted in this manner. I am not sure shaking would be felt as comforting.

Back
Top Bottom