Neurologist is calling today..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tase37

New
Reaction score
And Jessica's meds will now be slowly taken off..slightly nervous :pop:

That would make me nervous, too, but odds are everything is going to be okay. Imagine a life for her without meds! Wonderful. Watch her carefully - it would be a shame if she had another seizure. But if there is an escallation of any kind, you put her back on.

Normal to be nervous! But exciting that she's going off the meds. Keep us posted on how she does. And how you're doing too.

Thanks Nakamova :)
Her last med will be on the 29th..for one week I give it every evening and then we stop it..her blood test had low rates of med in it again..the rate was only 3 so the neurologist thinks that she'll be fine without meds as they don't seem to stay in her system..

But all we can do is hope any pray..
The strange thing that happened to her one night wasn't in the neurologists eyes a seizure as she excepted her dummy..but as always one day at the time we go forward in life!

The strange thing that happened to her one night wasn't in the neurologists eyes a seizure as she excepted her dummy..

Can you explain more about that, so that I can understand...? I'm a little short on brain power these days.

Endless --

"dummy = another word for "pacifier", so tase's daughter seemed to have a seizure, but since she was conscious enough to accept her pacifier, the neurologist discounted it. (Is this more or less right tase?)

Yes..he said she wouldn't have excepted it if it was a seizure..so I guess she was just so over tired ect.. but if she has more of this type I will contact him again..

I guess it's really hard with little babies..not always knowing what is normal and what isn't..I certainly find it hard and I think I react a little too easy to everything but I guess all mums do :) I of course hope that it wasn't a seizure..but Im sure we will get more of them if it was in the future..

Back
Top Bottom