New Lightbulbs...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I really don't have a trouble with those bulbs. What I have trouble with is strobe lights like at a sporting event. Some time ago, I tried to watch the movie"the Titanic," and while I must say it was done well, I was seizuring all over the place.

I am due to start a new job soon, which is lit by intense fluorescent lighting and I too have what I believe to be auras (tingling down one side of my head and arm along with loss of focus etc..)

I have been told it may be possible to replace the lights with coated fluorescent or tungsten lights that mimic the colour of 'noon suinlight' (5600K) and wonder if anyone knows whether this would be a solution???

I find it rather confusing...does anyone else have issues with this at work?

Thanks in advance

Lucy

Hi Lucy, welcome to the forum. :hello:

If the flourescent lights bother you, then I would recommend trying one of the "natural spectrum" lights. They do make a difference.

If it's not practical to ask your employer to change the building lights, you might consider getting a desk lamp with a natural spectrum bulb.

Back
Top Bottom