New Meetup group and support group on Long Island

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I started a Meetup support group for people on Long Island, NY. Right now, we're on the east end, but if there's enough interest we can get some meetings together up island. So far, we have one monthly meeting, a support group at the Peconic Bay Medical center. It meets the second Monday of every month.

There aren't many support meetings in Suffolk County, if any, and definitely not on the east end, so there's a need for something like this

For more information, and to join, check out the group page. I haven't posted in the past, so I'm not able to post a direct link to the group. Just go to Meetup . com and search for East End Epilepsy

The group includes a web forum that we can use for support in addition to the regular meeting. It can be a good way for those who can't attend each month to still be involved. People can post with questions, experiences, and whatever else we might discuss at the regular meeting.

John

Hi apostrophe27, welcome to CWE!

And thanks for letting folks know about your support group. Always a good thing.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom