Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Djplezzah

New
Reaction score
Hi there ! My name's Dave and I'm 22 and I think I have temporal lobe epilepsy although I'm not sure. I'm getting an MRI in the next couple weeks to confirm this. Here's is my strangest seizure ?: I was sitting in my den and I started hearing strange strange music. It is unrecognizable, spiritual and epic with quirky blips and bloops, generally very good-natured. Then I started to get really cold and I felt like I could hear (and feel) musical wind blowing over me. My teeth began to 'buzz' (almost ache a little) and my head and mouth slowly moved almost on their own. I felt pretty lucid the whole time though, except I didn't feel like I was entirely in my body. Then for the first time ever, the Song broke into a new level of deepness, I could hear what sounded like at least one man/demon shouting to the music like "Ah bada dah badah badah etc," although I couldn't make the words out. I was not afraid of the chanting but it sounded like a ghost or something, not at peace and somewhat threatening. I told the voice that God was with me and if I can't help him in anyway he might as well leave me alone. My tone was like the phrase "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here." Is this what a seizure is like? Could I have a brain tumor? I don't have any hearing problems, I've never been very religious and I'm not very musically inclined. Like I said I'm getting tests done soon but I'm worried and was hoping someone would recognize this experience or some advice is floating around here.

Hi there ! My name's Dave and I'm 22 and I think I have temporal lobe epilepsy although I'm not sure. I'm getting an MRI in the next couple weeks to confirm this. Here's is my strangest seizure ?: I was sitting in my den and I started hearing strange strange music. It is unrecognizable, spiritual and epic with quirky blips and bloops, generally very good-natured. Then I started to get really cold and I felt like I could hear (and feel) musical wind blowing over me. My teeth began to 'buzz' (almost ache a little) and my head and mouth slowly moved almost on their own. I felt pretty lucid the whole time though, except I didn't feel like I was entirely in my body. Then for the first time ever, the Song broke into a new level of deepness, I could hear what sounded like at least one man/demon shouting to the music like "Ah bada dah badah badah etc," although I couldn't make the words out. I was not afraid of the chanting but it sounded like a ghost or something, not at peace and somewhat threatening. I told the voice that God was with me and if I can't help him in anyway he might as well leave me alone. My tone was like the phrase "You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here." Is this what a seizure is like? Could I have a brain tumor? I don't have any hearing problems, I've never been very religious and I'm not very musically inclined. Like I said I'm getting tests done soon but I'm worried and was hoping someone would recognize this experience or some advice is floating around here.
Don't know any words as this is all new to me - have you told your professional all that you have written here? I'm just a lowly mite on the dog's tail, but I think you need to share this info w/ your doctor. Caring for you and your needs.

It is

possible for this type of thing to happen, I believe in TLE. It is not unknown to have out-of-body experiences, hallucinations and such with TLE. So, if you do have TLE, you are NOT losing your mind......:paperbag:

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Seizures involving the temporal lobe can involve all sorts of strange hallucinations and altered perceptions.

Hi Dave! Welcome to CWE. Sounds like it could be temporal lobe epilepsy. Check out the info in the Epilepsy 101 thread in my sig. It has some really good info.

Welcome to CWE.

:cheers:

Epilepsy has been known to cause some strange symptoms, especially those dealing with the senses.

Good Luck with your tests.

Back
Top Bottom