New to this

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm probably going to have to change meds anyway. I woke up this morning with the dreaded rash. I'm going to call my doctor as soon as her office opens. I will suggest Keppra as an alternate med.

Denise

Be sure to take B6 supplementation with Keppra. It's supposed to help minimize Keppra's side effects.

Keppra seems to be a great drug for me but everyone is different. There are many new drugs(A.E.Ds) that work very well in controlling seizures but, I think we need to do other things along with our meds to help ourselfs like yoga or nerofeedback or heartmath. anything that quiets the brain gives us some peace and relieves stress. Stress is a seizure trigger!

Waiting for doctor

Well, i called my doctor's office twice and her pager once. She still hasn't called, but I did call my GP, pharamacist and the GSK headquarters. They all advised me to stop using the lamictal immediately, until I hear from her. So, I guess that's what I'll be doing if I don't hear from her. I'm leaving work in 30 minutes so it'll probably be next Monday before you hear from me. Thanks for the info and help.

Denise

Try not to get too upset about the rash but do pay attention to difficulty breathing or labored breathing and keep calling- as my husband reminds me, they work for us

Denise good luck with the keppra. I used that for 2 yrs until I got the keppra rage on 100
mgs of keppra????? Strange !!!! The AEDS all effect us differently. When I went above 100 mgs I would got super depressed. So I had to stay at 100mgs of keppra.

Riva

Meds

Well, she put me on topamax. That gave me seriously bad side effects. So, last night she started me on keppra. We're going real slow due to my meds sensitivity. I'm taking 125 mg once a day. In 3 days I will go up to 125 twice daily and after that 250 mg twice daily for a month. Sure hope this one works. So far, all I've noticed was some serious nausea. I threw up last night and stayed nauseated the rest of the night. I'm going to do my best to tough it out. I'm tired of changing meds. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

Denise

That's slow? My daughter is sensitive and weighs about 110-120 and she stays on a level for two weeks. Then it is upped for another two weeks.

I had nausea & vomiting from keppra after a sz since I didn't have the amt of keppra I needed. I would have a sz once a month and than vomit .

I am alternative health freak, I always used acupuncture to keep my organs healthy when I was taking the AEDS. You can check out a acupuncture school and pay less or try to find a acupuncture clinic that is low in price . It really helped my kidneys and liver,and whatever other side effect I had from the meds.

Riva

PS: If the rash is itchy you can take a soy milk bath or rice milk bath and it soothes the skin and rash .

Riva

I guess it's slow for me. I weight 210. I bought a bottle of B6 yesterday, and I wasn't near as sick as I was the night before. It apparently works.

Denise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom