New Weapon Against Terror: A Flashlight?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Birdbomb

VNS Guru
Reaction score
New Weapon Against Terror: A Flashlight?

The point of this device is to disorient you, so we modified the video when we showed it on air. If you wish to see the unmodified footage of the device in action, you can click here -- but be warned, you may find the experience uncomfortable.

For riots and chaotic situations, police often use tasers, rubber bullets and pepper spray to try and control the crowd. But there could soon be a new weapon in their arsenal: a hi-tech flashlight with a big punch.

"Flashblindness, the 'Oh my gosh this light is really bright, I can't see anything behind it.' That effect is immediate for everybody," said Bob Lieberman, president of Intelligent Optical Systems.

*****WARNING*****
If you are photosensitive DO NOT WATCH the added video and caution should be used for others with epilepsy.
This device excites the brain and even those NOT photosensitive may have problems

didn't watch the vid, too scared, but thanks for the warning!

97b09a25.jpg
They say it's not harmful but anything that agitates the brain like this thing does can, is something to avoided for someone with any type of seizure disorder.

I'm gonna go ahead and make a prediction that these things eventually find their way into the hands of the general public and hooligan neighbors/punks find them much fun for harassing people with epilepsy.

evileyes.jpg

Foreseeing the future! Oooo the amazing Kreskin!

Well, they said Tazers weren't lethal either but there have been over 300 death by tazers so far.

Back
Top Bottom