Newer tv's, tablets etc??

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just wonder if anyone has any problems with newer screens like 4k, and all the new tablets and mobiles etc
I had to get a new tv and all that is out is 4k ones. It gives me real bad headaches and eye strain, also makes me confused and twitchy. I dont know what to do as i cant find any older ones to use.
I think its that they use super bright colours all the time even when you mess with the settings to try to help everything is always so bright! I have tried everything.
Its the same with a tablet, i got a samsung tab s6 and had to send it back because of that kind of screen!
Anyone else have this problem with newer screens?

Nakamova

Super Moderator / Thank You Queen
Reaction score
Have you tried wearing polarized lenses? That can help if you're photosensitive.

Loopy Lou

Veteran
Reaction score
With phones and tablets, using the blue light filter can help, it's usually in the pull down/settings menu. It mutes the colours a lot. I know when i switched to full HD from CRT tv it gave me headaches and such until i got used to it, but is ok now.

HumbleDeer

Pillar
Reaction score
How close are you sitting? It may be necessary to sit further as the TV's higher resolution and possibly bigger size requires different seating distances.

There's nothing inherently wrong with newer screens. I'm sorry to tell you you'll be one of the small group of people who have an inherent issue with screens instead. :(