Newer tv's, tablets etc??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just wonder if anyone has any problems with newer screens like 4k, and all the new tablets and mobiles etc
I had to get a new tv and all that is out is 4k ones. It gives me real bad headaches and eye strain, also makes me confused and twitchy. I dont know what to do as i cant find any older ones to use.
I think its that they use super bright colours all the time even when you mess with the settings to try to help everything is always so bright! I have tried everything.
Its the same with a tablet, i got a samsung tab s6 and had to send it back because of that kind of screen!
Anyone else have this problem with newer screens?

Have you tried wearing polarized lenses? That can help if you're photosensitive.

With phones and tablets, using the blue light filter can help, it's usually in the pull down/settings menu. It mutes the colours a lot. I know when i switched to full HD from CRT tv it gave me headaches and such until i got used to it, but is ok now.

How close are you sitting? It may be necessary to sit further as the TV's higher resolution and possibly bigger size requires different seating distances.

There's nothing inherently wrong with newer screens. I'm sorry to tell you you'll be one of the small group of people who have an inherent issue with screens instead. :(

Back
Top Bottom