Nicole's letter from State Rep

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinasmom

New
Reaction score
I thought I would share this letter that was received from one of our State Reps. Nicole doesn't quite understand what an honor this is but she does want to take everything to school to show everyone. As soon as we get a case for the flag, she will be taking the flag, certificate and the following letter (we framed this for her).

MICHAEL J. SHERIDAN
STATE REPRESENTATIVE

September 16, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Keith and Laura ...
<address>

Dear Keith and Laura:

Last November, I had a flag flown over the State Capitol in remembrance of your daughter Tina's birthday. I planned to give you the flag to keep for your granddaughter Nicole the next week (first week of December of 2007). I put the flag and certificate in my home office with every intent of delivering them. Then, the holidays came and drove it out of my mind. The clutter of my home office covered the flag on my desk.

Last weekend, I found the flag and the certificate in my office and realized my mistake. I am sorry that it has taken so long for me to give these things to you, but please find them enclosed.
Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. I am also sorry for Nicole's loss of her mother at such a painfully early age. I hope that she is adjusting to the tragic loss of her mother.
Please know that I will keep Tina in mind if the Legislature ever considers any proposals to help fund research or better cover treatment of epilepsy patients.

Sincerely yours,

MICHAEL J. SHERIDAN State Representative 44th Assembly District

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow,

Laura, that is SOOOO cool!!!!

Nicole will eventually understand the honor........in time. But that is really so very, very neat. I am proud for you........:clap::clap::clap:

What impressed me most is that he actually remembered the significance of the flag almost a year later and followed up. It was a very nice gesture. :e:

That's very lovely. .... very beautiful.

Brought tears to my eyes! That was absolutely
so sweet!

:rose:

I agree with Bernard, it's impressive that he remembered the significance after all of this time has passed and then decided to follow up. And his honesty on why it took so long to get it to you was very refreshing. Many people would have blamed it on someone else or came up with some elaborate reason as to why it didn't get sent, keeping themselves blameless.

Laura,
How wonderful!!
That is such a special honor and I am sure it means so much to you all!!
Thank you for sharing it with us!!

Michelle : ))

Nicole is going to take everything to school as soon as we get a case for the flag. She knows that this is special and wants to show it to everyone. Little by little our voices are being heard and reaching the people who can make a real difference. I will not let this man forget his promise to help pass bills related to Epilepsy issues. Our Executive Director at the E foundation is very involved in the legislative issues and I have sent contact info to both, Reprenstative Sheridan and the ED for each other.

Back
Top Bottom