No clue what I did to my ring

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
1706061358504.jpeg

Yesterday (Monday) evening I looked at my ring and the bottom is completely flat! I'm pretty sure it wasn't like that on Sunday or even earlier in the day on Monday. I don't think I had a seizure and and smashed my finger on something because if I did then it would be killing me, but it's not. I don't take it off but if I did and it got smashed I would have noticed when I put it back on. No clue what happened, really weird.

Hi Val,
I used to work with jewelry and if you want to you can take the ring to a jeweler who can melt down some of the ring on the
bottom and shape it back to normal. I will tell you though that if it's 18 Kt. gold and you do this the band may crack on down
the road because 18 kt. is a lot softer than 14 kt. Your ring looks like my wedding ring because it's so old and warn out.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Looks like the ring impacted on a flat surface. Maybe you grabbed something tightly, caught something thrown in the air or slapped a hard surface?

It looks like you pushed that hand/finger up against something very hard. At least you were still able to take the ring off. Sue is right--a jeweler can help reshape it for you.

I'm pretty sure it's 24k. It was my grandma's and she left it to me when she died. I think it's at least 60 years old, maybe older. When I showed it to my mom she didn't say anything about anything like this happening before.

I'm taking it to a jewelry store to get it fixed this afternoon.

I live in my grandparents old house and always say my grandparents haunt it. Maybe they have something to do with it?

Hi Val,

Be sure to take the ring to a very good jeweler especially if the ring is 24 kt. that will be very soft so be sure you get
someone with a lot of experience. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I am taking to a jewelry store that's been around forever. It's usually where we buy and take everything to get fixed. It might have even been where the ring was bought.

Looks like the ring impacted on a flat surface. Maybe you grabbed something tightly, caught something thrown in the air or slapped a hard surface?

I do like to grab things sometimes during seizures. There have been time when they can't get whatever I'm holding onto out of my hand until after I'm out of the seizure. I still can't believe that my finger or hand aren't killing me?

I know what you mean about gripping things very tightly during a seizure. I'll also do that if I am holding something when a complex partial seizure starts.

Back
Top Bottom