no longer VIP

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have an appt with my nuero next month. They sent me a letter reminding my of my appt on the mail saturday. The letter stated my appt was with not with my nuero but with an NP at the office. This has happened once before, and I was able to get an appt. last time with him but I had to wait 6 weeks to see him. I understand the idea that since my seizures are under control :clap:and there are others who need the advice from him. I feel that I'm no longer top priority. The issue is that we are in the process of taking me off 1 of my medications. The first one didn't seem to work, because I passed out at work 1 day, nothing has happened since then. I really want to be med free. Plus I want to move out of the state. I think it's 10 degrees outside right now.(I'm in MN) So what do you guys think keep seeing a NP every 3 month or pack up and move to a warmer climate. I grew up in LAS Vegas NV. I get disability so I'm covered where ever I move to it's just I'm nervous of a new setting and I'm not aware of what states might have the best docs for me to see. After all that is said I really can't stand being cold six months of the year. I guess I need to grow more chest hair. anybody know of which states have good epilepsy programs that are in a warmer climate

Wearing shorts in Texas!...

...can't complain (too much anyway!)
:banana:

Sun is out in CA.

I can't see that there is any one state that has the "#1 Doc for E" award. Seems to follow what a lot of people are saying that if you are in a happy state, so is your seizure disorder. If you are a worrywort or live a stressed filled life your "E" is going to come calling more often. I do think that more NP probably can tell you more about how meds effect their patients than the docs, since the nurses come in contact with the patients for a longer period of time and I gather easier to talk with sometimes.

Sometimes change can do a body good.

oh that is so mean

I just checked the thermostat outside and it's actually 4 degrees, but at least the sun is shining which has'nt happened recently. I went to vegas for new years. It was so nice not to wear layers of clothing for a week. In the meantime I couldn't believe that people had heavy jackets when it was only 40 degrees out there. I even saw a guy wearing a scarf and I asked him what his problem was and he said it was so cold that night. I started laughing. The cost of living is high to live cali. I have an aunt who lives in TX so that is a possibilty. NV was not good to me when I started having seizures they said I was high on drugs and even put me in a psyc ward time after a trip in an ambulance

Hi Justin.

Vegas has good and rotten doctors. Just have to hunt them out. I can name one rotten one now.....

And yes 40 feels a might nippy when you consider the heat gets up and about 120+ in July/August!

Were you down on the strip on New Years? Man, we we at home partying our butts off but can still see the fireworks from my house. Not a bad show this year

Yes, cost of living is "crazy" here in CA. I don't recommend it. Though they keep flooding in for some reason.
TX is a much better state cost wise, however you do have the opposite problem of the heat. Some here at CWE say that heat brings seizures to their door. You might consider that and visit in the warmest months.
I agree, I am shivering in 40º....

Back
Top Bottom