Not a good weekend

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
A little ranting and seizure talk in this one.

Two weekends ago I had 7, possibly more when I was sleeping, seizures on Friday and Saturday. Parents called the hospital my neuro on Saturday and they said they'd call back. There were going to take me to the ER but I have a pill to help stop seizures and when they gave it to me I did. Well the neuro finally call back - Monday afternoon! Boy were my parents pissed! My mom even told them off! They told them that anytime I have 3 or more seizures in one day do go to the ER. Well they didn't know that at the time, would have been nice if they'd called back then!
- Ok there's my rant.

Some things happened during the seizure that I remember, I don't know if that's happened before. My parents were asking me who the cats were. I knew their names but I kept saying the cat's names that I'd had. I knew I was saying the wrong names, and I knew the right names, but I couldn't say them. My parents were trying to put me in the middle of the bed but I was fighting with them telling them that wasn't where I slept in the bed. They kept trying to put the pillow in-between my head and the night stand so I wouldn't hit myself. I can remember shoving it out of the way telling them that it didn't go there.

I had some pretty good memory loss too about things that had happened recently. I'd started asking all the questions about things that I'd done, went, ate etc.... It's driving people crazy but I can't help it. I'm fining stuff on the calendar that I'd forgotten about, nothing important luckily.

I had gotten an Alexa, a little computer speaker thing that does all kinds of things if you ask it or tell it if you didn't know what it is, about two weeks before those seizures. I'd messed it around every day doing all sorts of stuff. I didn't remember that I'd had it until this past Wednesday when I saw someone else's one. I'm finding things out about it that I knew from the start.

Wonder how much stuff stayed up there and what went away?

Sorry you’ve been having a tough time Valerie -- 7 seizures! It sounds like as you came in and out of the seizures your brain was working hard to figure out what was going on. I think sometimes the more severe the seizure, or the number of seizures, the more likely you are to have memory issues in the weeks afterwards. After one big seizure I thought someone had stolen my laptop computer. I had zero memory of taking it to a repair shop.

Anyway I hope you feel better soon and stay safe.

A little ranting and seizure talk in this one.

Two weekends ago I had 7, possibly more when I was sleeping, seizures on Friday and Saturday. Parents called the hospital my neuro on Saturday and they said they'd call back. There were going to take me to the ER but I have a pill to help stop seizures and when they gave it to me I did. Well the neuro finally call back - Monday afternoon! Boy were my parents pissed! My mom even told them off! They told them that anytime I have 3 or more seizures in one day do go to the ER. Well they didn't know that at the time, would have been nice if they'd called back then!
- Ok there's my rant.

Some things happened during the seizure that I remember, I don't know if that's happened before. My parents were asking me who the cats were. I knew their names but I kept saying the cat's names that I'd had. I knew I was saying the wrong names, and I knew the right names, but I couldn't say them. My parents were trying to put me in the middle of the bed but I was fighting with them telling them that wasn't where I slept in the bed. They kept trying to put the pillow in-between my head and the night stand so I wouldn't hit myself. I can remember shoving it out of the way telling them that it didn't go there.

I had some pretty good memory loss too about things that had happened recently. I'd started asking all the questions about things that I'd done, went, ate etc.... It's driving people crazy but I can't help it. I'm fining stuff on the calendar that I'd forgotten about, nothing important luckily.

I had gotten an Alexa, a little computer speaker thing that does all kinds of things if you ask it or tell it if you didn't know what it is, about two weeks before those seizures. I'd messed it around every day doing all sorts of stuff. I didn't remember that I'd had it until this past Wednesday when I saw someone else's one. I'm finding things out about it that I knew from the start.

Wonder how much stuff stayed up there and what went away?

Nocturnal epilepsy is awful...it's been plaguing me for a few months now and it's worse than ever before. I haven't been resting good, but I had a few good nights after my dosage was changed. Although, it bites...the other night I was so tired I fell asleep and didn't wake up until morning, forgetting my dose, and I was still so wiped so I was probably having issues with seizures again.

Unfortunately, there are times when it's super hard to get a hold of the neurologist. I remember I had a neurologist that would come here only once a month from the big city, but she rescheduled on me so many times it wasn't funny. I remember after a point that I was also pregnant. It had been a total of a year before I saw the neurologist (because of all the reschedules). When I finally saw my neurologist, I was 5 months pregnant and not happy at all with her because she wasn't coming down here for a good while and her receptionists kept making excuses, "Oh, but the weather was so bad and she rides a motorcycle! She couldn't come!" But that was like one of the five times she had pushed my appointments. She'd just write the script for medication and not see me. I ended up having to travel to go see her and it was such an awkward appointment. I ended up dropping her and I'm glad I did because I found someone much better.

Of course that was many years ago, but they aren't always the easiest to get a hold of it, it seems.

I always wonder, too...what will I forget forever and what will I remember? I'm sure I'm still remembering stuff I forgot when I had a cluster of seizures in 2020. Doesn't help I have been having seizures since, too. What makes me the most upset is that some of those memories I've forgotten and remembered were from my childhood. My husband has sometimes had to ask, "Do you remember so-and-so....?" and my oldest says, "Oh, you probably don't remember. It was before your seizures," and she will say that out loud in public, it's so embarrassing, when she's referencing back towards that day in 2020. There is so much stuff I forgot...

Makes me sad that epilepsy causes so much memory loss =( it's not fun...

Thankfully a lot comes back and that's a good sign when recovering.

I hope you get to feeling much much better soon! <3

Back
Top Bottom