Not a great way to start the new year off

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

If you do start Xcopri, you'll probably begin taking it using a titration pack that raises your dose slowly over a couple of weeks.
That's what the pharmacy told me. I just hope things get figured out soon so I can start it.

I know weaning on & off of meds is a PAIN! Xcopri is the 14th AED I'm using--alone or in combination with another one. Even though I am taking 200mg/day of it along with 500mg/day of Zonisamide, I still average 1-3 breakthrough seizures/month.

I've actually made a list of all the AEDs I've taken. I included when/how long I took them, my max dosages, any other AEDs I took in combination with them, & any allergic reactions. Another thing I noted in it is why I stopped using that AED (if I wasn't allergic to it).

I started it today and it does come in a titration pack. I just hope things go ok with it since the Briviact didn't. I don't think I can handle going back on Keppra again.

Back
Top Bottom