Not sure what to do

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hereforq

Pillar
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do my Twin brother is now having seizures mine started in 2016 now all of a sudden hes having them they prescribed him Levetiracetam (Keppra) 1000 mg but hes in another state his insurance is in my state Levetiracetam (Keppra) is like $400 if you don't have insurance. He just had a seizure hes afraid of taking Levetiracetam because he doesn't want to have the rage hes so scared of that so he wasn't taking it when they first prescribed it to him. Hes scared because he has 2 kids I don't know what to do but he just had one its so weird were twins now were both having seizures. I just remember him watching me have them in fear now hes having them and I have to watch him in fear this has really hurt me so much. I was on Keppra for 5 years he watched me on it so thats why hes so scared Im on Lamotrigine (Lamictal) I had two seizures this year but I was on keppra when I had those seizures Now that im on Lamotrigine (Lamictal) I've been 2 months seizure free.

Hi Hereforq,

I'm sorry to hear that your brother is having seizures. If anyone else in your family other than your brother has had seizures it may be
genetic and you can tell if it's genetic if everyone is having the same type of seizures. I was on Keppra for a short time and it gave me
a hot temper and it increased my seizures. When I tried Lamictal I broke out with a rash. Tell your brother to have his Dr. do a DNA
test on him and by doing that the Dr. will be able to match up his body chemistry to the best seizure med for him with the least side
effect. Also as crazy as it may sound have your brother eat some peanuts and take 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with mother
in it in the morning when he eats breakfast. The mother is a good protein and bacteria I started doing this to lose weight and the vinegar
decreased my seizures to the lowest in my life. Another thing he can do is start using cbd oil that really has helped me a lot I buy the
mouth spray on healthyhempoil.com and what I like about this group is if the cbd doesn't work you can send it back and get your
money back. I wish you and your brother only the best and May God Bless the both of you!

Sue

For some folks Keppra is fine and there are no emotional side effects, so your brother shouldn't assume that it will be problematic. However, he should definitely let his neuro know that he's concerned and ask about trying a different med right away or if the keppra doesn't work out.

Uncontrolled seizures bring the risk of escalating in frequency and/or duration, so it's super-important that he get treatment sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom