Not sure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Maggie123

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone I think I had a seizure at McDonald's.Last week I almost passed out and thought it was my blood pressure or sugar.
My pressure and blood sugar is perfect.I went to McDonald's today same thing happened.Sweaty palms rapid heart beat I felt weak.like I could fall down I left sat out side felt better.i already contacted my Dr.
Do I go to neurologist? Are the symptoms I had like a seizure?

Hi Maggie,

Welcome to CWE! Did you feel confused or did you lose your memory at all for a few seconds to a few minutes and did you have
a headache after this happened along with feeling tired. This is what happens when a person has a seizure. They will also have convulsions
if they have a tonic clonic seizure.
It's good that you contacted your Dr. be sure to tell the Dr. all the details of what happened and from there the Dr. will be able to tell
you if you should see a neurologist. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Try to keep track of everything that happens when you feel like this and after. How long it lasted, how long it took for you to feel better and if anything like Porkette said happened. This way you'll be able remember to tell the doctor about things that happened and answer questions he might have. Your doctor should be able tell you if you should see a neurologist or another type of doctor.

Sweaty palms rapid heart beat I felt weak.like I could fall down

Sounds like Anxiety.

• excessive sweating

• a fast, thumping or irregular heartbeat
  • feeling light-headed or dizzy

• Anxiety can cause muscle weakness, and create the conditions to weaken muscles.

Ask your doctor about Anxiety.

Back
Top Bottom