nothing left to try w/ur refractory

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I've tried everything brain surgery,VNS,I'm allergic 6 meds a lot of them just don't work for me.I'm med resistant to one entire class of drugs Tegretol.
I can take the original Tegretol but nothing else in the family.

What do u do when you've tried everything? I'm on mt 22nd AED.
I couldn't take new one Potiga because of my heart.

any suggestions?:twocents:

Belinda

Hello everyone,
I've tried everything brain surgery,VNS,I'm allergic 6 meds a lot of them just don't work for me.I'm med resistant to one entire class of drugs Tegretol.
I can take the original Tegretol but nothing else in the family.

What do u do when you've tried everything? I'm on mt 22nd AED.
I couldn't take new one Potiga because of my heart.

any suggestions?

You come here and ask for suggestions? You've got to be kidding, right?
I, too, had a failed brain surgery, I've only tried 11 meds, and am now on my 3rd VNS battery. I have refractory E and the only thing I can do is keep going back to my epileptologist and ask what is the latest thing on the market that I could try. Maybe, just maybe, this one would work.

You come here and ask for suggestions? You've got to be kidding, right?
I, too, had a failed brain surgery, I've only tried 11 meds, and am now on my 3rd VNS battery. I have refractory E and the only thing I can do is keep going back to my epileptologist and ask what is the latest thing on the market that I could try. Maybe, just maybe, this one would work.
I HAD the VNS battery replaced 3 times.My neuro has me on some old drugs.
Eventually my seizures will start back up they always do.
I'm tired of busting my head open.

And

what about trying one of the diets, like the GARD, or Modified Atkins???

Back
Top Bottom