painting

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I decided to get rid some of my frustration by painting a picture of my brain attacking me - ie "This is how epilepsy makes me feel." Its nothing great - its only the second painting I ever did in my life.

Then I was beginning to think just how nuts people would think if I came in with just that, and i had a bit too much paint to just want to waste it as I washed my pallet out, so I decided to paint a cheerful picture.

There is a sun, a tree, a weird looking blob, otherwise known as a dog, and a dog house. it looks to be early evening and my strokes go every which way. But its not my fault its such a bad painting. First a bee was bound and determined to fly into my right ear - he even bumped it a few times but luckily didn't sting or bite. After he chased me all around the yard a few times, the bee decided the ear cave wasn't worth the effort. So i sit back down to paint and a worm is crawling across the canvas (i had it lying flat on the steps). I get rid of the worm and begin to paint again, but no sooner do I start 3 bugs decide to land on my sky and get stuck to the canvas.

But hey this must mean I'm a great artist - i paint a picture of the outdoors and the outdoors can't even wait until I'm finished before its fooled into thinking my picture really is sky, grass, and tree. So would anyone like to buy my outdoorsy painting. I'm only charging 2.3 million for it. Its definately a steal at that price.for me and my dog looks just as much like a dog as if Picasso had painted it

Haha... the trials of being a painter. The passion to paint must be greater than all of the frustrations.
Good luck selling it... those prices don't usually come around until you are dead. Also having a body of work to display helps those interested know that you are serious and consistent.

Hey,
That's a great idea! Gotta start somewhere, right? Can you come down on the price a bit?? : )
Michelle

Sounds great!

That's agreat idea because you know we do sometimes feel that way! I sure do feel like that alot of times. If you are artistic show us that sounds amazing!
David

darkmarkshark

You painting adventure made me smile. It must be an awfully realistic painting if the bugs were trying to be part of it! Just be glad you weren't painting a storm like this!

827224af.jpg

Anyway to get a photo and scan it into your photo album?

well, I have a photo, but how do I find my photo album

So what you pay for this if not 2.3 mil?

dogsun-4bnp0888e.jpeg

Need to go to your control panel and look at the menu on the left

Under "Networking" see if you have a link that says..."Pictures & Albums"

Not sure if there is a minimum post count to begin the album or not. But that's where you start.

$2.3 mil? DAng! I'm short about $2,299,994. Will you hold a check until the second Tuesday of the week? I do like your blue sky! =)

Mark ...

... I really like your first thought of how epilepsy makes you feel. WOW, I thought about that and am not sure how I would put that on canvas. However, if anything ever inspired me to try something artistic, you just triggered it in me.

This is something I may actually try. I've tried to do it in writing sometimes, but that usually just ends up like a normal post.

:ponder:

Everyone should be able to create an album and upload pictures. At the top of the page there is menu of links in red. To the right hand side, click on "Quick Links". This opens a menu. Select the 6th link in the list "Pictures & Albums". Follow the prompts from there to create an album and upload a picture.

Hi, Darkmarkshark. Still loving that name! Have you ever heard of "Outsider's Art"?

I saw your painting and it seems to qualify for that 2.3 mil. No kidding. Artists who have mental illnesess such as those with Bi-Polar Condition, Depression and even Epilepsy paint their raw crazy feelings on canvass. They are displayed in those wide white walled, white lit studios and sell for millions.

My aunt in Connecticut, who has Bi-Polar Condition, "paints out" all her inner "stuff" onto canvass and picks up quite a bit of money, not even realizing she's an "Outsider Artist" and not really even caring so much about the money.

For me money isn't really the point at all...I love these types of paintings and have bookmarked a site for Outsider's Art just to view now and then. I think they are beautiful and make me feel less alone. Just put in a search for "Outsider's Art" and you'll be amazed by what you'll find! They just might inspire you do more! Would love to view more of your work.

I just render/illustrate. I'd love to shake off that control and be an "Outsider Artist"! It's, actually, an dream I have.

....and those "worms, bugs and flys. Oh my"!

My grandmother must've known art!

My granny,

Was multi talented I guess you could say for a job she was a homemaker, and made the ring facets for my grandfather's stones.

But, the best thing she was good at and loved doing was oil painting she could bring the life out of a bowl of fruit or a plant or anything for that matter! She knew what beuty was! She was always inspired me!
David

Last edited:
Bring out the Life of a Bowl of Fruit....

My granny,

Was multi talented I guess you could say for job she was a homemaker, and made the ring facets for my grandfather's stones.

But, the best the she was good at was oil painting she could bring the life out of a bowl of fruit or plant or anything for that matter! She knew beuty! She always inspired me!
David
What a lively saying! What a lively granny. The apple doesn't fall that far from the tree!

not sure I should post this but here goes. The dark splotch was because of a stupid idea I had to make gray before I discovered I had whit epaint, but I can lie and say its there intentionally since that is about the part of my brain that attacks me

darkmarkshark-albums-41-pictures-negativity-picture461t-brain.jpg

I've decided that next time I paint a picture, I'll paint the background first rather than last. I have this crazy idea that it will turn out better that way

Artist often work that way: front to back or back to front. Perfect that you're expermenting. I like the blue, 43 and open mouth. Fascinating work...

matchu, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out

You haven't been around long enough to post links or images. Sorry, but we had to restrict that privilege to prevent abuse from malicious trolls wanting to induce seizures in the photosensitive.

i understand and will wait the amount of time it is, I read about this debacle and completely agree.

Last edited:
Everyone should be able to create an album and upload pictures. At the top of the page there is menu of links in red. To the right hand side, click on "Quick Links". This opens a menu. Select the 6th link in the list "Pictures & Albums". Follow the prompts from there to create an album and upload a picture.

i just tryed to create an albumb nd it told me i dont have acess to that so every 1 can not create 1.

Back
Top Bottom