parents of children who had benign rolandic

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
My 11 year old son had his first seizure 1 month ago, then had about 3 or 4 auras and a second seizure 2 weeks ago . He is not on meds yet .Does any one have the experience of growing out of Benign Rolandic and could you briefly tell about it?

Welcome! There is a lot of great info here. My son likely has BRE. The EEG didn't show a slam dunk pattern, but the pediatrician is pretty sure it is BRE becuase of the textbook symptoms, age of onset, neurological and social/occupational functioning. We are not medicating and he's doing well. His seizures are also very minor, involving only facial muscles and no generalizing. We're still in the waiting-to-outgrow it, but our dr has recommended we not medicate because the side effects can potentially be worse than the seizures. The good news is that, as my dr put it, we hit the epilepsy lottery because they seizuress tend to be more manageeable than with other types.

Back
Top Bottom