Passtimes and hobbies

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Clovis

Stalwart
Reaction score
What do you like to do for fun or to pass time?

I am an avid reader of many kinds of books, I enjoy bird watching, doing word and jigsaw puzzles and collecting Indian artifacts and going to artifact shows.

What do you like to?

Hi Clovis,

I'm a music lover from the 1970's and early 1980's along with studying my family history and I get into ham radio and talking to people
all over the world and when NASA goes up in the shuttle or to the space station I can listen to them and if I want to I can talk to them
with there okay. I also collect pigs (not real ones) I have everything from a pig clock to pig slippers and much more. If I kept every single
pig I had I would have over 1100 pigs sitting in the house. I use my pig pot holders the most along with the pig dish towels I have.
Remember is someone calls you a pig to tell that person "thank you", because P stands for pretty, I intelligent, and G for girl/guy.

Wishing You only the Best and May God Bless You,
Sue

Thank you for your reply. I am a ham radio operator too. That is so cool to find another one on here! I don't use it a lot for just visiting tho. My hubby and I are storm spotters for our area when the weather is bad and we use the ham to talk to other spotters in the area. We do just chat on occasion if there is someone on we know when we're in the truck. We don't have a radio in the house, just the truck.

Your pig collection sounds really cute.

My hubby collects fossils and pieces of meteorite so we have quite a few frame and shelves of rocks.

God bless and have a good evening.
Laura

Hi Clovis,
I like to paint, read, draw, watch some good movies, listen to podcasts, message friends to check up on them, Facebook, sing, play games on my phone, crossword puzzles, puzzles to put together, play my flute if I am having a healthy day, gentle exercises, etc,,

Hi Clovis,
I like to paint, read, draw, watch some good movies, listen to podcasts, message friends to check up on them, Facebook, sing, play games on my phone, crossword puzzles, puzzles to put together, play my flute if I am having a healthy day, gentle exercises, etc,,

It sounds like you've got lots of interesting hobbies. In the winter we like to watch moves too and listen to lots of different kinds of pocasts year round.

Thank you for your reply.

knit, sew, normally ride a bike, travel. as a rule of thumb, never make a pig collector mad

I like to hand sew to when my hands will allow. I have never learned to knit tho. Never had the patience I guess. Where do you like to travel too? I'll be sure never to make a pig collector mad. That's funny.

I like to read, i watch an awful lot of anime and play playstation, and am carrying on research i began in university into early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. I also volunteer at the local hospital one day a week and spent a couple hours each day looking for jobs to apply for. I read anything from Harry Potter to text books. I also have two cockatiels that i spend a lot of time with :) I used to do a lot of baking but now that my family has scattered a little i don't really have anyone to eat the tasties :(

I also have two cockatiels that i spend a lot of time with :)
I used to have 2 pet quails, a japanese quail and a king quail but the king quail got out of her cage a couple of weeks ago.
My parents got me a turquoise parakeete for Christmas, Dad & I picked it up on Christmas eve.

I enjoy walking, put my earphones into my phones so I can listen to the music as I walk.
I used to cross stitch when I was younger but stopped doing it about 10 years ago as I was getting too tired from the meds I was on at the time & I lost interest.
I now try to find things to do which either test my brain or help me with my stress eg Adult color in, Adult dot to dot, (have both books and apps on my ipad), word games, and a couple of other games on my phone or ipad.

My parents got me a turquoise parakeete for Christmas, Dad & I picked it up on Christmas eve.

Oh i saw, it's so adorable! I wanted to reach through the screen and pilfer it, but you know what i'm like with my birds lol. I'd love to have budgies again but don't have the space or time to train, especially with both the cockatiels having massive cages because they refuse to cohabit :LOL:

Oh i saw, it's so adorable! I wanted to reach through the screen and pilfer it, but you know what i'm like with my birds lol. I'd love to have budgies again but don't have the space or time to train, especially with both the cockatiels having massive cages because they refuse to cohabit :LOL:
Wasnā€™t going to get another bird but I had the cage there šŸ˜‚.
I was looking at budgies at the pet shop but my parents just got parakettes from a breeder so they got me 1 for Christmas.
This one is still young still, didnā€™t take long to adjust.

i just got a new camera, i am hunting for a lens so i am excited, i didnt know adult dot to dot was thing

I like to read, i watch an awful lot of anime and play playstation, and am carrying on research i began in university into early diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. I also volunteer at the local hospital one day a week and spent a couple hours each day looking for jobs to apply for. I read anything from Harry Potter to text books. I also have two cockatiels that i spend a lot of time with :) I used to do a lot of baking but now that my family has scattered a little i don't really have anyone to eat the tasties :(

That is wonderful that you are doing research on cancer and volunteer work at a hospital. God bless you. I haven't been around cockatiels a lot but I think they are very pretty and seem very smart. You seem to have a lot of varied interests and hobbies. Thank you for your reply.

I enjoy walking, put my earphones into my phones so I can listen to the music as I walk.
I used to cross stitch when I was younger but stopped doing it about 10 years ago as I was getting too tired from the meds I was on at the time & I lost interest.
I now try to find things to do which either test my brain or help me with my stress eg Adult color in, Adult dot to dot, (have both books and apps on my ipad), word games, and a couple of other games on my phone or ipad.

I love to listen to music too when I'm doing any kind of housework or work outside. I have done the adult coloring books, but not dot to dot, guess I don't have the patience. LOL it's good to do things to keep your brain active. Thank you for your reply.

i just got a new camera, i am hunting for a lens so i am excited, i didnt know adult dot to dot was thing

Maybe when you get a new lens you can post some of your pictures for all of us to see. Hope you get one soon and looking forward to seeing your work.

i didnt know adult dot to dot was thing
Ha ha Yep there are adult dot to dot books but dont think its as popular as adult colour in.
I enjoy both but have to be in the mood to do a picture in the books but use the apps a bit.

I enjoy doing puzzles--word & jigsaw, and I love to read mysteries. I also love sewing (quilting, especially) and doing embroidery (counted cross stitch). I collect stamps and coins. I began my stamp collection when I was in 6th grade--at that time, kids were collecting stickers. I enjoy listening to country music.

I enjoy doing puzzles--word & jigsaw, and I love to read mysteries. I also love sewing (quilting, especially) and doing embroidery (counted cross stitch). I collect stamps and coins. I began my stamp collection when I was in 6th grade--at that time, kids were collecting stickers. I enjoy listening to country music.

It sounds like we have a lot of the same interests. My favorite kind of books just for fun are mysteries. Do you have a favorite author? Mine is Jonathon Kellerman. There are several others I like too.

I like to do embroidery when my hands allow and have made a couple of quilts by hand sewing. I like some country music too. Johnny Cash is my favorite. I like a lot of today's country too.

Back
Top Bottom