Penicillin and Epilepsy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Is there any connection between the use of penicillin and seizures? :soap: I was on PCN before having a febrile seizure at age 4. At age 16 I was on PCN when I had a break through grand mal seizure. I have been on Tegretol for the 25+ years since. Any connection? :ponder:

Hi Carlasmoore, I don't know about the penicillin, but your story sounds very like my daughter's, she had a febrile seizure aged three, then a first adult seizure at 20 but with no obvious reason. I'm waiting now to see if they want her to do anti-epileptic drugs, 25 years of tegretol sounds like a lot for two seizures. Hope you're doing well now.

I was wondering the same thing carlasmore. Rebecca had a root canal and penicillin prior to her first seizure. I have wondered if it had weakened her system. She is sensitive. A lot going on in her body.

Back
Top Bottom