Pew! (someone call a plumber)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pew! (someone call a hazmat team)

I dunno what's going on with my bowels but every time I break wind it smells like DEATH...(figuratively speaking of course)...I've started eating a few different things along with taking a few more supplements and my stress levels have been a little higher than usual...plus my sleep schedule/quality has been kind of weird...so I mean yeah it's no surprise that my bowels might be a little messed up...so I guess mystery solved...well sorta...I just took a bunch of stabs in the dark...I still don't know the exact reason for one of the four horsemen summoning himself from my bowels and he isn't talking...oh wait yes he is...PRRRT!!!

omg I am sooo sorry...this is what I mean...good thing I got a gas mask cuz man this is rank!

Also on a side note...every time I get upset or am about to leave the house I have to first spend quality time with the restroom...it's like a bunch of turtles are having a pizza party in my "sewers"...or like some plumbers keeps using my "pipes" to get from here to there...I swear sometimes I think I hear "cowabunga" or "mama mia"

Last edited:
Are you taking a lot of fish oil. My grandson is 3 years old and takes fish oil. He had a bit of a digestive problem and I thought I would need a cloth pin for my nose to clean him up. He smelled like he was pooping out rotting fish.

It may be tied to seizures, food, stress, meds, fish oil (as MAB posted) or who knows what. Know that you are not alone. I, amongst others, deal with this too. I am of the same mind on the gas mask, at times I am ready to order 2, one for me and one for my wife! The dogs don't seem to mind though, lol. :D

Keith, you could be on to something. My grandson has autism and they also think there is a gut-brain origin with autism also. Tis the reason he is on fish oil, among other supplements.

Mr E - you say that your diet has changed. For the better or worse? Generally the healthier we eat, the worse the odor of both types of bathroom business. And as others have mentioned intake of fat, again of the healthier variety like fish, the worse the odor.

Small changes such as the supplements or a change in diet can really make a surprising effect.

I have this happen on and off a lot of times. I have very runny stool so I can't pass gas or I'll poop myself (not joking). I don't remember the last time I've had a solid bowl movement. I've talked to my neuro about this and he said that it's probably because of my meds.

Sometimes when I go it won't stink at all and other times it smells so bad that I swear the neighbors can smell it through the walls. My husband complains when I have a very smelly one and I always tell him "Well it's not like your s**** doesn't stink too!"

Party of it smelling so bad most of the time depends on what I've eaten, especially eggs. I go a lot during the day - maybe 4 times in general. If I eat eggs I may go even more often.

I can pee in public but cannot have a bowl movement, it's always been that way. If there's people in my house, other than my husband or close family, I can't go either. I think it's because it smells and I don't want other people smelling. It also makes noise when I go and I don't want people hearing it. I know everyone does the same thing when they poop but I don't want them to hear or smell mine. Does this sound stupid?

Just the other day someone was here to fix our garage door. I had to go really bad. I finally couldn't hold it any longer and ran next door to my parents because I didn't want to go while the guy was here. Luckily my husband was home to stay with the guy till the garage door was fixed.

Last edited:
These are the new things I've added into my "routine":

1. Yogurt (I am a bit lactose intolerant but I thought it would help with my digestion...guess I was wrong...I am thinking this might be the main if not primary culprit)
2. Potatoes (I've had "issues" with potatoes sitting well in my gut...or at least I imagined it...not sure on this one)
3. More Salt (Hey it has Iodine...a necessary nutrient :))
4. 2 Supplements (Gaba Plus and L-Theanine...though I only take the L-Theanine when I need it)
5. I was using bbq sauce from the store on my chicken...it contained a bunch of naughty things such as high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and other unpronounceable things...I should of known better but it doesn't matter anymore since I'm no longer eating it...instead we decided to make our own "bbq sauce" using a few simple ingredients...but anyway that's about it

6. I'll get back to you on that

but yeah I seriously doubt and honestly don't think it has anything to do with my sleep schedule...the stress might not be helping...but I've always had sleep deprivation and stress levels like these and never these bowels problems...so yeah...I'm ruling that out

Last edited:
These are the new things I've added into my "routine":

1. Yogurt (I am a bit lactose intolerant but I thought it would help with my digestion...guess I was wrong...I am thinking this might be the main if not primary culprit)
2. Potatoes (I've had "issues" with potatoes sitting well in my gut...or at least I imagined it...not sure on this one)
3. More Salt (Hey it has Iodine...a necessary nutrient :))
4. 2 Supplements (Gaba Plus and L-Theanine...though I only take the L-Theanine when I need it)
5. I was using bbq sauce from the store on my chicken...it contained a bunch of naughty things such as high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and other unpronounceable things...I should of known better but it doesn't matter anymore since I'm no longer eating it...instead we decided to make our own "bbq sauce" using a few simple ingredients...but anyway that's about it

6. I'll get back to you on that

but yeah I seriously doubt and honestly don't think it has anything to do with my sleep schedule...the stress might not be helping...but I've always had sleep deprivation and stress levels like these and never these bowels problems...so yeah...I'm ruling that out
Try skipping the yogurt and take a good quality probiotic, one that has at least 15 billion cultures.

I don't want to scare anyone or for everyone to think I am awful ... I had all of those symptoms (& blood in my stool) when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. Just talk to your doc and get it checked out. Don't hesitate or be embarrassed, they are used to discussing that stuff. Even in remission I still have some of those symptoms. Oats and wheat are my biggest no no's. My gut doesn't digest them well. They sit there and ferment and the bacteria produce lots of nasty gas. I am not gluten intolerant ... Something about that particular type of fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to scare anyone or for everyone to think I am awful ... I had all of those symptoms (& blood in my stool) when I was diagnosed with colon cancer. Just talk to your doc and get it checked out. Don't hesitate or be embarrassed, they are used to discussing that stuff. Even in remission I still have some of those symptoms. Oats and wheat are my biggest no no's. My gut doesn't digest them well. They sit there and ferment and the bacteria produce lots of nasty gas. I am not gluten intolerant ... Something about that particular type of fiber.

Not to scare anyone either but my husband had colon cancer a few years ago. He had blood in his stool but never realized, guess he didn't look after he wiped. He ended up in the ER because he almost passed out one day. They found out he had a tumor in his colon which was causing him to loose blood through is rectum. He was also very constipated and trouble passing his bowls, which was due to the tumor.

Yeah I am going to be stopping the yogurt...I don't really need it anyway...we already have a good quality probiotic that my wife bought online...

This is it:
pt_10.jpeg

ummm...I don't think I have blood in my stool since I always look after I wipe lol...but I do have a lot of bloating/cramping sometimes...sometimes the spasms/cramps (whatever they are) are so painful I almost fall on my knees in agony...but I just shake it off like nothing...it's probably just gas anyways...I usually let one rip shortly after...usually...and I drink a ton of water each day so yeah...well an adequate amount...

but spasms/cramps from gas wouldn't be that painful would they??? I mean sheesh...feels like an alien is about to burst from my abdomen...lower abdomen that is...those really bad spasms/cramps I notice in the lower abdomen...

I went to the doctor years back for chest pains I was having...he said it was probably just gas...and to stop drinking milk...I stopped drinking milk...just not right away...but yeah I haven't had one of those chest pains in a while...they are worse than the abdominal spasms/cramps...it's like there is barbed wired wrapped around my lung/s and it hurt's to breath in or out...very terrifying experience not being able to breath and having constricting pain at the same time...

Last edited:
Yup ... it hurts like someone is ripping your guts up. I had that and I would feel constipated (not go for several days), abdomen would bloat up, and then diarrhea in massive quantities that once it started I never left the toilet. Go talk to your doc. It might be something simple. You don't have to have blood in your stool to have something wrong! Also don't let the docs blow you off. They told me that they were "99% sure I had hemorrhoids". Nope.

Lol I know I didn't mean since I don't have blood in my stool nothing was wrong...I just meant that I don't have blood in my stool lol...

but yeah I experience that same thing...I'll be constipated for a while then suddenly PRRRT!!! then back to constipation...I do however sometimes have normal movements...where it just slides right out without any effort...not hard or runny...okay hahaha

Ummm doc could you please not lie to my face and insult my intelligence for a change...lol never a straight answer (NASA)

Okay I'm afraid I haven't been completely honest here...

I'm sleep deprived...I stay up late...I get "manicreative"...either working on music or working out...or playing xbox or doing other unmentionable things lol...

I do workout pretty intensely...doing high intensity zone progression (effective cardio/calisthenics till exhaustion in the shortest amount of time possible)...but I've sort of adapted my own "routine" based on my physical limitations...just trying to be smart...however sometimes I feel like I might pass out or puke...when that happens I know I haven't been getting enough rest cuz I eat and drink a lot...but sometimes I get a little too carried away and try to be a super saiyan...either that or I am having trouble breathing properly for some reason...I always prepare eat and drink adequately before a workout...I mean not right before...but about an hour before...small fast digesting meal...but it's like the air is "thick"...if that makes any sense...I mean I always get excited before a workout...but maybe I'm getting too excited??? I tend to do that to my wife...chase her around the house like some animal in heat...

the reason why I'm mentioning this is because I know how the body reacts when you exercise a lot and don't get enough rest...it just sucks because I refuse to take something to knock me out because when I'm in that energized creative mode it's really hard to come out...and I will not take any other drugs than my Depakote...well except for pain...but my mind is just constantly racing...VROOM VROOM MANICREATIVE MODE INITIATED :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry ... blood was the very last sign for me. I had had all the others for a long time. Too many young people end up not having their symptoms checked and then dying from colon cancer - mostly because everyone thinks of it as an "old persons" cancer. At 43, there was less then a tenth of a percent of me having it. Probable - no. Possible - yes. If caught early enough, it is very easy to treat and cure.

I really push getting that stuff checked.

Uhhh so what just go to the doctor and say "please check for colon cancer"???

Oddly enough, MrE, as absurd as that sounds, it's exactly what my mom did after she had a fall that hurt her back for too long. They did a blood test that came out negative for cancer, so she insisted on a PET scan, which showed she had fourth stage breast cancer. Not wanting to make anyone unnecessarily fearful. Just pointing out that sometimes patients have a better idea of what's going on in their bodies than their doctors do, so we do sometimes have to advocate for ourselves in the doc's office.

I also seem more acidic than usual...I mean having a lot of acid reflux/heartburn...I know I should force myself to eat more greens to make my system more alkaline...I have about two servings daily...spinach and broccoli...I like greens...but I don't love them...but I do love plants and flowers and trees and forests...well looking at them and touching them and smelling them (until they make me sneeze)...they are so beautiful and I love watching the cute little birdies land on them/feed on them...not to mention they provide us with much need oxygen :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom