Pharmacy Refuses to Give Me My Meds

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Today I went to my pharmacy to pick up my vimpat that my Dr. called in at least 1 wk ago if not longer and when I went into the store they told me I couldn't have it because it wasn't the 19th and I'm just about out of med now. No other pharmacy has pulled that on me with the vimpat except this one and right now I am not to happy. I gave the pharmacist both barrels and told her this never happened with the former pharmacist was here so why don't you do what he did? They even went so far as to make me come into the pharmacy and see me to get an acne cream and then they never mixed it up or put it in the frig to keep cold like they are supposed to. Now I have the fun of getting my Dr. to write out new perscriptions and I am turning this group into the BBB. I hope nobody has to go through this same mess. I wish all of you only the best and thanks for letting me vent. May God Bless You!

Sue

That's just terrible, especially with an epilepsy med. Good for you for reporting them. I can't believe they treated you that way.

Hi Nakamova,

The reason why I went to this pharmacy is because the former pharmacist was really good and he knew what he was doing but
then he left and after that the pharmacy went down hill like crazy. I found 18 complaints on line about this pharmacy so I can see why
they aren't getting much business. I'm going to e-mail my Dr. and have her transfer my perscriptions to another place then lets home I
don't have to deal with this mess. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Did the pharmacist say why the 19th was important? I have had instances where my wife tried to call in refills early and our insurance wouldn't approve it until a certain date. They are trying to ensure patients aren't stockpiling drugs for resale or something like that.

Hi Bernard,

The pharmacist told me the reason why I couldn't get the med is because the last time I picked it up it was on the 19th of the month
but then I get a e-mail on the 17th telling me to come and pick it up. The pharmacist didn't make any sense at all. I'm changing stores now.
Thanks for your time and support. I wish you only the best and May God Bless You!

Sue

Same thing with me. Just the other day I wanted to refill a prescription but the pharmacy told me that it was too soon to do it, I had to wait to do it the very next day because that's when my insurance would approve it.

Hi Folks,
I got a e-mail stating the my prescription was ready on Thursday so I went to the store to pick it up only to find that
the pharmacist who filled it never counted the amount of pills put in the container. The pharmacist that was there when I
went to pick up told me this and she was kind enough to take care of the problem. I told her she needed to be the head
pharmacist because the one that messed it up needed to go. Wishing all of you only the best and May God Bless All of You!

Sue

i think it is the fycompa they take my dl number for when ever i get it

Back
Top Bottom