Pharmacy-related Challenge

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

NaderH

Pillar
Reaction score
When one has to go to the pharmacy to pick up medication they forgot to prepare the night before while you still have enough left for the morning, how is it best to explain this to a professor so you will not lose marks for any delays this may cause in meeting deadlines?

An example is losing 2 hours of lab time out of 8 hours because, prescription medication must be picked up first.

Some medicines can wait to be picked up, however, medicines for epilepsy cannot wait to be picked up in any case.

Nader

Can you meet with the professor privately and explain it in person? If the professor needs more explanation, perhaps you could get your neurologist to provide written confirmation of your medication requirements.

Possibility

I am thinking of providing a copy of the two receipts of my medications and a note phrasing out that I got my medications in the specified order. That should work. Mind you, pharmacists are not perfect and can make mistakes. However, one cannot skip a dosage of dilantin in order to do a demo. The only thing that can be done if the demo is showing screen setups is sending screenshots on the same day. I sent the screenshots by email. While it is not the best way to demo, if medication comes first, then it is the only option in such a scenario.

Nader

I don't refill my scripts when I'm completely out, I usually get them when I still have enough at less enough for a week. This is incase there is any issues with the chemist or they have to order it in.

I have an app where I can order the med but the app is unrealiable so I usually ring through my meds either in the morning or day before which gives them plenty of time to get it ready.

I'm not sure of your schedule with schooling eg how many days you go to college/ university but I only work 3 days so I try to collect my meds on the weekend or days that I dont work. Otherwise if I have to I can call in after work if I have time.

Normally, I get a refill within 7 days of the last tablet being reached. However, with all my medications in the pill holders being put in once a week, there are rare times when I reach the 3 day mark before calling the pharmacy when I am extremely busy. Calling beyond 7 days gives me a, 'too early message'.

Nader

Just tell the professor that your health takes priority over your education.

I agree with with CQ.one should be organised and not get to that point how ever occupied you are sorry if I blunt ..If you in uk you can see pharmacist and he will cover you for period of time needed before see your doc or what ever you do in states.NHS the pharmacist can see copy of what you need via internet we have to pay the cost of medication if do that as for most of us it free.

Normally, I get a refill within 7 days of the last tablet being reached. However, with all my medications in the pill holders being put in once a week, there are rare times when I reach the 3 day mark before calling the pharmacy when I am extremely busy. Calling beyond 7 days gives me a, 'too early message'.

Nader
I'm not sure how your scripts work in your country eg how long until you can get your next scripts filled & if they come in boxes or bottles.

I'm on 3 epilepsy meds & a cholestoral med and they are all in boxes.
Usually on the sticker on the box it says when I can get my next script filled or if I have any issues let the pharmacy know.
I get 2 of my epilepsy meds & the cholestoral med every 4 weeks, my other epilepsy med is a bigger box so I get it every 3 months.

I recently had one of my epilepsy meds increased so now I'm going through it a lot quicker. I always go to the same pharmacy/ chemist & they also have my scripts on my file so I let them know.

I use a pill box but since my pharmacy already has my scripts &I'm there every week I'm thinking of getting them to just make my medications up for me in webster packs. So all Id have to do is collect them when I need them, I can get them weekly or monthly. It will just cost me a little extra for their time to make them up.

It is advice on nhs be responsible and never get lowere than 5days

My husband's insurance company requires us to order medication for chronic illnesses like epilepsy through their mail order pharmacy, in 3 month supply batches. This last time they messed up. They sent (& charged me for) nearly double the quantity I needed of some medications.

Sabbo --

My set-up is the same as yours. So far, so good, but I'll keep an eye on what they're billing me.

Back
Top Bottom