Physiotherapy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tase37

New
Reaction score
Visited us today and our baby will be getting physio once a week..no big problems but her left side ( where most seizures have been) is slightly weaker than her right..

I've found that most physical therapists are really nice people -- Hope that's the case for you. I've had therapy for y shoulders, and it really does help.

Thanks for your reply :) yeah, we did some of the exercises just a while ago..they seem to already be going better :)

Yes, it's so satisfying when you can actually see progress over time.

physiotherapy is great. they help with the body and the mind both. this will be wonderful for your baby. :)

I've been doing fysio with Jessica regulary and it is really helping her..:)

Our Luke has had physio for six month or so. He has also been having 30 minute sessions in a local pool as well, which he really loves, and this is building up his leg and core strength. Next week our physio is going to come along to the swimming lessions to observe and give some advice to his swimming teacher on what she can do to improve his sessions! It is so heart warming to see dedicated people collaborating to help your loved ones.

sounds like he is making good process :)
Jessica had her second fysio today..:)

Ohhhhhh.... I'm imagining him in the pool taking his swimming lessons. How CUTE!

Jessica is still having no seizures so far :) and fysio is still carrying on..I think it is helping her alot..she is now trying very hard to turn on to her tummy bless her :) only problem now is she is becoming funny with strange faces so fysio is now a problem..she spends more time crying and sitting in my lap..as soon as she is in my lap she laughs and smiles at her therapist..little bugger at 4 months!! lol x :)

OH.... a little troublemaker! That means she's extra smart! Wait until she is 16... lol...

:)

heh :) lol x
Today she had a check up with the docter, just a general check up mind you :) at first she chatted away to the docter but suddenly I guess she realized that she wasn't anyone that she knows and OMG did her face change and she cried and cried bless her!! Being our last child she certainly has us all wrapped around her little finger.. lol x

Back
Top Bottom