Planetary alignment, astrology, weather patterns

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Anyone think that polar shifts causing weather patterns, and the comet Elenin are affecting seizures? Earthquakes, hurricanes, etc....

I have been feeling dizzy, almost like vertigo....

I know there are so many different elements that affect our world, but I think that all of these are just as interesting to explore...??

Any feedback???:mrt:

I get dizzy, I see spots in front of my eyes, I have major issues with my left side. I think its cos my brains fu**ed tho, I dont think its to do with anything going on in space. Just my humble opinion.

Well! It may seem awkward to u all but I do believe that astrology and planetary allignments have some relation with E. And not only E, all the medical problems have some or the other relation to the way our planets are alligned (planets in the horoscope). Its said that if our Sun planet is weak as per the horoscope we have ailments related to head or brain.Even some measures are recommended to improve the natal charts. But as promoting any religion over here is not allowed so I would not go into further details. But this is interesting that the planets so far affect us in such a vivid way!

Anyone think that polar shifts causing weather patterns, and the comet Elenin are affecting seizures? Earthquakes, hurricanes, etc....

I have been feeling dizzy, almost like vertigo....

Years ago when I started having seizures, they were hormonal effected, not by weather patterns, astrology, etc. IMO, astrology is pseudoscience.

I have been finding an interesting, but maybe meaningless, link between http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/rt_plots/xray_5m.html and bad spans.
I'll check that page after some what I'd call aura/seizure periods and find a relationship. Even in magnitude. At times I can tend to think I can even hear some sort of background fizzling noise (aside from the ringing in my ears, or maybe conjunction with)
but I'm in Dallas, and it has been hot, so that could just be the pavement, har har
but honestly
I'm pretty new in looking for my triggers and things
typically focusing on diet, situations, caffeine...
but that GOES xray radar has had an odd relationship

I could swear a correlation
(unless it's still peaking, because I'm feeling a bit better today - who knows)

I've considered that, like starting a campfire, you need a spark, but then also a nice breeze, bellows...
a trigger may spark, but a frequency of radiation may be the bellows so to speak

I think science would concur that frequencies of brainwave stimulation can affect conscious states

this thread is dejavuing me

Survivor,

This is my theory:

It's a known fact that during a full moon, hospitals and police stations bring on extra staff to deal with the unusually high number of weird events.

The moon controls our tides and river flow all over the world.
The human body is mostly water, so the full moon should logically effect our mental health.
IE: ppl that are bipolar usually have mental episodes during this time, (that's why the crime rate goes up during this time) as well as triggering seizures.

Randy

From wikipedia, on the issue of the moon and seizures:

Sallie Baxendale and Jennifer Fisher of University College London hypothesized in a study published by Epilepsy & Behavior that the impact of the moon phase on epileptic seizures is due to the moon's contribution to nocturnal illumination. A significant negative correlation between the mean number of seizures and the fraction of the moon illuminated by the sun (ρ = -0.09, P < 0.05) was found in 1571 seizures recorded in a dedicated epilepsy inpatient unit over 341 days. This correlation disappeared when the local clarity of the night sky was controlled for, suggesting that it may be the brightness of the night and the contribution the moon phase makes to nocturnal luminance that influence the occurrence of epileptic seizures.

Hi Ranman!
I belong to that part of the world, where astrology and planetary alignments mean a lot. I myself have quite a good knowledge of astrology, palmistry and numerology. And dear I believe that as no seizure can be pseudo, similarly no science can be pseudo! I do believe in what u had to say. Moon has to do a lot with our brain! Sun rules the head- this is what I said!
Shagun

Thank you all for your honesty and humble replies.

I know I am only human, so who am I to say that the planets effect on us is a pseudoscience?

I believe that there is just so much unknown here on our planet and also in the solar system....agree that you need to weed out the obvious such as caffiene, unhealthy foods...

Yoga seems to really help with everything...it is sometimes difficult however to get into the routine with the side effects of the medication.

Thanks again for all of the feedback and links!

:clap:

Back
Top Bottom