Please Help

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

amarose

New
Reaction score
Hello my name is Amarose,

I am 22 years old and very healthy but I have been experiencing something that is making me feel like I am going insane.

I have never been professionally diagnosed, but from what I have researched, the sensation that I am feeling is identical to most descriptions of a partial seizure.

About 10 years ago I went through a time where feelings of being in a dream-like state would occur frequently. After about a few months they stopped but since then have occurred every once in a while.

Right now though, it is happening again and it is worse than before.

It has been almost 3 days of constantly feeling this sensation and it is causing minor panic attacks.

I feel like none of this is real, and I can hardly remember yesterday or previous days. It upsets me and I am on the verge of tears every minute of the day.

My mom and step father are giving me holistic treatment but I would love to convince them to let me get a cat scan.

What is happening and how can it be stopped? I want my life back.

Please help.

Hi Amarose

Please go and see a doctor. I used to have episodes in the shower (at least that is the only time I remember having them) where my mind would "daydream" the same scene to a point where things got hectic in my mind and a voice in my mind would scream stop and I would come out of it and most times I would be sick. Not long after I fell pregnant and figured it was morning sickness since it always happened during morning showers. I mentioned it to a lady at work who warned me it sounded neurological and I dismissed her as being silly but after I had my baby and he was about 5 months old I had a big seizure during my sleep and learned that those funny episodes had been seizures. I don't want to scare you but isn't it better to see someone and find out what's going on, if for no other reason but to put your mind at ease? The panic attacks you are experiencing may be contributing to your sensations too. This site is a great place for advice and support but my advice to you is to visit your dr and explain what has been happening. Best of luck, I hope you get some answers and things settle down for you.

Thank you Kelly :) It's a comfort to know that other people are in similar situations.

I wish you and your daughter a life of happiness and ease.

Hi amarose, I agree with Kelly -- see a doctor. Hopefully you will be referred to a neurologist who will do tests (CAT scan, MRI, EEG) to help figure out what is going on. Keep in mind that for some kinds of seizures, even an EEG won't always come up positive. So make sure you write down all your symptoms, everything you can remember about when they started, how often they occur, how often they last. If you can think of any triggers (things like fatigue, or flashing lights, or certain foods) that's a bonus. This information will be helpful to a neurologist, especially if the tests come up negative.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom