Please read - Just got back from visting Rae in the hospital

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Chris, it was so kind and generous to post such awful news. I once had such a bad cascade of seizures that I had a heart attack. I went into a coma for 5 days, then "rebooted" and started on the mend.

If I can make it through, certainly a smart, kind, generous person like Rae can lick this.

Big hugs to all 3 of you!

Thats just awful news Chris. Please let both Rae and her fiance know that they are both in our prayers.
Please keep us informed about any news.

Rae - I am writing this to you because I have faith you will be back with us soon. Keep up your spirits and don't stop fighting. Control is in your future. In the meantime, here is a BIG HUG from your friends in Ohio.

:e:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for letting every one know on Rae's condition. Very sorry and saddened to read she's in hospital due to having tons of seizures!!! Hoping the hospital can get it under control very soon and find an anti-epleptic drug that works well for her.

Hi Rae's Family and Friends,

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. Hoping Rae is soon healthy agan and out of hospital - having a great time and doing all the things she loves doing. She - as you very well know - is a such a great, kind, giving, considerate individual. A friend to all on here or so it seems!!!

Hi Rae,

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. Hoping you are soon much better - healthy and that an anti-epleptic drug works for you very well. Wanting you to be home again and on here. Also want you to be home and doing many of the things you enjoy and love doing. You are being missed - as you are such a great, caring, considerate individual. Please don't ever change - you are excellent just the way you are.

Personally I think that Rae will win the fight against the seizures she's is having cause she is such a frighter (in the good sense of the word) and has such tremendous spirit - and seems to be for the most part quite an upbeat individual with a great postive attitude - and great will to live!!!

Susan

Miss Choccy

Rae, You are in my thoughts and prayers. I know you will pull through this as I can see you're a fighter. You are finally getting the help you need to get these seizures under control.

Quick update everyone, Rae is starting to do a bit better. She'll be at the new hospital soon where they have more equipment for testing etc.

I'm sure that each day will be better than the last and soon she'll be back home.

We're all cheering for her!

picture.jpg

I hope to see her smiling face (avatar) again soon. Please let her know her friends at CWE are thinking about her.

Coool beans!

We'll still be thinking of her, so keep teling her that. And our prayers will still be there as well.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for letting us know. You said in the first post that you are trying not to cry. It is all right for a man to cry. You probably need to.

Hi Rae,

Rae, you will be all right. Think positive and have the positive attitude that you always have. You can fight it.

Think of your beautiful poetry that we all love. You have a wonderful gift that you will be sharing with us soon.

I am confident that this new hospital will be better for you. They will come up with a solution and you will be home soon.

(((HUGS)))

Ruth

Last edited:
She posted a reply to something i said on facebook, but from the look of it she was in the middle of a partial because it didn't make any sense. Only two words, but was good to know that she's ok, or was ok enough to be on facebook at the time :p x

Hope you're home soon Rae! *hugs*

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update on Rae, great to hear she's improving - even if it only slightly. And improvement - no matter how small - is a great step in the right direction. Hoping she's soon out of hospital and at home where she belongs - and of course on here too. Do tell her she's being missed the next time you see her by many people on here. She's such a great person.

Hi Rae's family and friends,

Great to hear of Rae's improvement. Hoping she continues to improve like she is! Hoping they transfer to the new/other hospital very soon so that she can get the apprpriate medical she needs - hopefully with this medical care she will improve even faster and be the Rae every one loves, likes and admires! Must be very hard for you all to be going through this, but must be encouraging that she's improving - even with its only slightly - an imprpvement is improvement.

Hi Rae,

Excellent to hear you are improving. Hoping when you move to the new/other hospital that you improve even faster and that you are soon where you belong out of hospital, at home, on here and having a jolly good time. You desserve it cause you are such a great, caring, considerate individual. Like I've said earliler - great to hear you improving - even if its only slightly as after all - an improvement is an improvement. You are being missed by many people on here cause of the reasons given earlier. We all want you back here healthy, at home, having tons of fun and enjoying life to the best of you ability.

Susan

Miss Choccy

this is odd, as I know I talked to Rae the other day. At least I thought I did and she did not mention this at all and was doing well. Of course I have been having a time myself and it could very well had been a dream. God bless Rae!

Glad to hear there is improvement, Rae...you have a lot of people praying for you. Keep us updated on condition

Hey HUGS and thanks Chris for keeping us informed. You're a great friend.

Dear RAE, HUGS~!!!

Hey there my "goosebumps gal".. you were there for me.. and always glad to see you sweet face.
Just know how much WE all care about YOU.

Hold my warm and caring thoughts close to your heart..and remember you are not alone in this mess.
Gosh..I hate it as much as you must.

Sending you kindness..healing energy and wisdom to the docs to figure out what is going on..
then a BIG dose of HELP in making this better.

YOU my sweet gal, and what you are going through..well..is affecting all of us.

So.. LOOK...there is a great big cloud, :brain: that looks grey but isn't..
for its filled with all our care and loving feelings..coming your way..
so look up in the sky..and see us all there waving at ya..:woot:
and even if the cloud looks grey sometimes...(geez)..

know that the SUN is peaking behind..ready to shine

like a beam of our love onto you, until you feel better.

Will wait for Chris' reports...geez..its hard to wait sometimes..:ponder:

Warmly, Jan

Chris, do you have any updates?

Rae, if you are able to comment here, we would love to hear from you. Just a word or two.

(((HUGS))) Ruth

Chris -

Thanks for the updates on Rae.

Hope she gets well soon.

so sorry to hear of this, my thoughts are with her.... send her hugs from me

Back
Top Bottom