possible partial seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ok - i went to the doctors and because i have chronic anxiety she wouldn't entertain my symptoms.
which i understand completely!
she's put me on meds to treat anxiety and ocd.
i think it's health related ocd that is making me believe i have epilepsy.
i still don't believe her 100% as i really feel as though what i've been saying is right.

but...i've got to take into account that this is what ocd and anxiety do. so i might be wrong.

i am sorry for wasting your time :(
and thank you again for all of your help!

ok - i went to the doctors and because i have chronic anxiety she wouldn't entertain my symptoms.
which i understand completely!
she's put me on meds to treat anxiety and ocd.
i think it's health related ocd that is making me believe i have epilepsy.
i still don't believe her 100% as i really feel as though what i've been saying is right.

but...i've got to take into account that this is what ocd and anxiety do. so i might be wrong.

i am sorry for wasting your time :(
and thank you again for all of your help!

have you had any tonic-clonic seizures?

im not exactly sure what a tonic clonic is. the worst ive had is my whole body shaking/jumping uncontrollably ...but i was aware.
there was also a time i was found unconscious in public toilets...2 minutes longer, i would have been dead. apparently my drink was spiked with poppers. i dont fully know what happened...so? i do know i didnt know my phone number, where i lived or how to work my phone.
as the doctor wouldnt listen to me...im no further forward in easing my anxiety/ocd or finding out if i am indeed right about this!

simply, a tonic-clonic seizure is a seizure causing unconsciousness

I think "convulsive" would be a better way to describe a Tonic-Clonic seizure. People can be unconscious (unaware) in other types of seizures as well.

I'd like to chime in here, if I may.
Unconscious and unaware aren't exactly the same thing. You can be unaware in certain types of seizures, for example a complex partial, but you're not unconscious.

How about, as it really is the most severe form, a tonic clonic is convulsive and unconscious.

I'd like to chime in here, if I may.
Unconscious and unaware aren't exactly the same thing. You can be unaware in certain types of seizures, for example a complex partial, but you're not unconscious.

How about, as it really is the most severe form, a tonic clonic is convulsive and unconscious.

True but being unconscious doesn't define a tonic/clonic. I know I go mentally unconscious during my partial seizures but I don't pass out. I still keep walking, sitting upright or doing what I'm doing. I just have no idea that that time existed, sort of like it had been edited out of my reality.

Last edited:
thank you for the explanations on it :)

i don't think i have. nobody has ever said anything to me, so i guess not.
the sleep paralysis thing and the being found unconscious are the only things that could link with that ...but only as a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom