Power of pets

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

View attachment 108

Just lost my companion of 12 1/2 years, Boo. Still grieving...Boo was only male in my life that stood by me thru thick and thin.
I have my two girls, Belle and Rosie....and I do love them, but there was and will only be one Boo.
Hi JG

Sorry to hear about the loss of Boo.

thgifs_candle_0005-2.gif

Thank you CQ, this has been a very difficult time for me. I try hard to focus on the positive....Boo did not suffer, I didn't have to make that hard decision and he passed in his sleep in his favorite place in his home where he knew nothing but love..

When I adopted Boo from the shelter, the attendents said because he wasn't a puppy and was a bigger dog, his time was running out. The day I adopted him I told him "I guess you need me as much as I need you"...never would I dream how true that was.

Sorry for your loss. Boo looks like my dog Tippy who died a couple of years ago from cancer. Adopted older dogs from the pound make the BEST companions. They are so loving, loyal and grateful. We still miss her, but now we have two other dogs to keep us on out toes.

When I was in High School

You you are given a pet that you think you will hate, but somehow they just keep nudging until they get your full attention! Well while living at home in high scool byself alot i has a dog that was a boiken spaniel named Red who was on my grandparents farm so dad brrought him home and I thought I woudn't like him. The reason was because he was to hyper at the timebut eventually he settled down and kept me company! He always knew when I was having a bad day because he would come and lay next to me and lick as if to tell me you'll be okay David. He was always there for me I miss him greatly too!
David

Pets live here

dogslivehere.jpg

PETS LIVE HERE

My dogs live here, they're here to stay.
you don't like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their place.

You will find dog hair on the floor,
they will alert you're at the door.
they may request a little pat,
a simple 'no' will settle that.

It gripes me when I hear you say
'just how is it you live this way?
they smell, they shed, they're in the way..'
WHO ASKED YOU? is all I can say..

They love me more than anyone,
my voice is like the rising sun,
they merely have to hear me say
'C'mon , time to go and play'.

Then tails wag and faces grin,
they bounce and hop and make a din.
They never say 'no time for you',
they're always there, to GO and DO.

And if I'm sad? They're by my side
and if I'm mad? they circle wide
and if I laugh, they laugh with me
they understand, they always see.

So once again, I say to you
come visit me, but know this too..

My dogs live here, they're here to stay.
you don't like pets, be on your way.
they share my home, my food, my space
this is their home, this is their place..

- Author Unknown

My cat has been letting me know that my problem isn't lack of energy - its too much energy.

He jumps on the bed, cries until I join him, then lays down but he moves if I try to touch him. I get up and he starts crying again. He wants me to take a catnap with him. I don't mind sleeping with him - provided I actually feel like sleeping.

I've also noticed :

1) He never bites me, but quite frequently he disappears and then a loose sheet on the bed, will wrap around my arm, dig claws in and bite my arm and hand quite hard.

2) I've never seen him with a straw, but the straws in my cups of water always end up on the bed. I spin around when I hear someone playing with them, but alas the cat is always on the other side of the room, hiding from the thunderous crash that always occurs simoultaneously with my turning to look at the bed

3) If its marketed for cats, he won't have the slightest bit of interest in it. He'll squeeze into any box, drawer or other space, but has never once tried to get in the kitty hide-away thing. He plays with happy meal toys, papertowels, waterbottles etc. He does not play with those things that are sold under the name "cat toys" He will sleep on anything just so long as its not a catbed. Its good thing no one has ever told him that the food he eats is for cats.

Last edited:
Poor Kitty

My 14 yr old cat died this afternoon. He had been doing poorly the past few months.
Went into coma, had 2 massive grand mals and then just slipped away.

Oh the irony.

S7301210.jpg

He was one of the sweetest cats I've ever owned, he even accepted the kittens we adopted a couple of months ago. Last night he climbed in bed with me for one last time and cuddled for about 20 minutes.

I shall miss him sorely.

Birdbomb,
So sorry for your loss, I can really relate.....I hated it when Boo died and a few people rolled their eyes with "it's just an animal look"...but most people really understood and cried and hugged me...here's a hug for you.
jennifer

(((((((( Birdy ))))))))))

I am so sorry to hear of this! It's so sad!
You have all of our Purrfect sympathies
and thoughts!

678mc.JPG

I watched him die and held him in my arms. Everyone else has burst into tears but not me. Strange, I am so calm and together. Maybe it's because I have buried so many family members and pets in the past 8 years.
The other critters are looking for him. Even the stupid beta fish died today too. I can't believe this.

Hi BB

Sorry to hear about the loss of your cat

sympathy-36.gif

Nice pics. I used to have goldfish. ... . but they have passed on to aquatic heaven.I was out of town and my mom kept feeding them even though one had gone belly up. I returned and mom was like " What ??? i thought he was just swimming upside down . how was i supposed o know he died?" . RIP my faithful goldfish Alzheimer and Ketamine.

Birdbomb: I'm soo sorry for the loss of your beloved kitty. I'm sure the others really miss him. My deepest sympathies. Sincerely, Josie

For all our friends out there who have lost a pet.

Jimmy Stewart is one of my favorite actors. The first time I saw this on the Tonight Show, I have to admit I teared up a little bit. I love dogs!

Birdbomb..... I'm so sorry I'm bawling. Damn

Sorry for your loss BB. Losing a beloved friend is never easy.

Back
Top Bottom