qualifying for oxygen???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll,

Question for anyone that may know...maybe you'll remember I have had "Nocturnal spells" which they now finally know are seizures. Prior to that I was diagnosed with sleep apnea after yrs. of saying I was not breathing. Seizure spells continued after geting cpap. The lack of breathing well is the worst with the seizures. On past oxygen oximetry tests..all was normal...because I did not have my "spells"..so the neuro and Pulm. drs. both said they were fine with using oxygen...couldn't hurt. Now the Company called and said they will bring out something to see if I "QUALIFY".
UGH!!!!!! I have gone through this for God knows how many yrs. You all know how seizures are random and mine seem to come in clusters and then I may not have them for a month. If both Drs. say go ahead...(Basically when I get them I am about unconscious and very shallow,faint..and my lips turn blue and I'm white as a ghost. ) Who decides..can insurance just say no if the Drs. o.k. it?

Thanks for any info.
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom