question to everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So here's an update and a question:
update: talked to my PCP and she thinks it good that I;m learning all I can about the my thoughts about them misdiagnosising me with PNES, and bringing in my proof, but she wouldnt touch it with a 20' pole since she knos nothing about the brain and is leaving everything to the neuro, but is glad that I'm keeping them on their toes and not backing down and getting a 2nd and 3rd opinion!.

Now to my question:
All day today have had a mild migraine, had numb fingers both hands then, took the dog out for a walk at 8:10pm, got back around 9:15pm pushed myself (only time in the last week) and as I was walking up the stairs to get to my apaprtment door i fell (hit my head and right wrist) had my dog in my left and he wasnt pulling (for once and he was on an extension leash and was waiting my the door so no worries there) my wife saw everythign and asks " mike you ok? after about 5 or so seconds i reply back according to her i'l llive just banged up, and now my hands are not numb, but my migraine is worse.

My question to the Ecommunity is this?: what does this sound like? my current neuro would never listen to me telling him about this and neither would the old epi doc (maybe the new ones would but never know) but since you all are my 2nd family and have helped me out and have given me a place to talk and ask questions without the fear of rejection or feeling like I'm crazy thank you and I hope someone here can help shed some light one what may have happebened today.

thanks, mike

So are you saying that you fell for no obvious reason? If so that might be seizure-related, something like a drop-seizure. The migraine could alos be seizure-related, though it could also be a side effect of the Keppra.

Do you have any other health issues (cardiovascular/respiratory) that could be contributing?

no cardio/resp had asthma issues in the past but since I havent had to use or have my inhaler refilled in over 10 years or had any issues and my lungs had sounded clear and my holter results came back clear I dont know what would have been the cause of the it other than a brief drop seizure, but I'm not calling my current neuro, since he never seems to want to listen to what happened I'm going to tell it to my new neuro and epi doc I may try telling my current one what is your thought on telling my current one?
thanks Nakamova

I think you can hold off telling your current neuro, unless the falls continue to happen and/or start happening more frequently.

ok thanks naka,
like i said I wanted to get the brain trusts thoughts from here!

mike

Back
Top Bottom