Quotes, Quotes, and more Quotes

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

“A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” - Antoine de Saint-Exup’ery

the world is an easel

“I want people with epilepsy to know that there are ways in which they can play a role in their own recovery. It’s all in how they approach what is happening and how they can use that as a catalyst for their own growth. If there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that people are willing to embrace you if you share your story.” – Danny Glover

If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.

Hunter S. Thompson

Cant-explain-what-it-feels-like.jpg

Doctors-and-more.jpg

this is an interesting site for everyone

http://migraine.com/blog/memorable-migraine-stories

It is hard. But how do you explain the loss of a child. I know it is not the same thing. If there is nothing they can do go someplace else. I am about to do that with Alex. I'm losing respect because of so much memory loss. I'm either weird or understood. I know my meds, what they do, and the affects they have on me and my son. And in my opinion...Stay away from Doctors that think that they are Gods. I deal with pediatric bone surgeons for his scoliosis. I took Alexander to have his back x-rayed and the snotty DR. told me next time You will get the x ray where I want to. He's just a poop. He probably cant boss his wife around, so he tried with me. LOL wrong person. Just speak your mind honey. Use the truth and don't take meds if they don't work. Communicate. Love ya, Teresa

"Nobility is not about being better than someone else.
Nobility is about being better than you used to be.”
Dr. Wayne Dyer

A Pastor friend of mine while I was working as an RN gave me a book; "Angels Everywhere". It contains stories of miracles and messages, some people have written in there stories of their own Angel encounters. At the very back of the book is a poem, that I photcopied and to this day carry in my wallet. It gives me encouragement as I need it and this is the perfect place to share it:
WHISPER OF ANGEL WINGS
Today I stumbled and once again
Was lifted up by an unseen hand.
What comfort and joy that knowledge brings.
For I hear the whisper of angel wings.
The guardian angels God sends to all
To bear us up when we stumble and fall.
Trust Him, my friend, and often you'll hear
The whisper of angel wings hovering near.
--Author unknown

“I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances.”
Martha Washington (1732 - 1802)

A friend is someone who will stop you from doing something THEY know is wrong, but would bail you out of jail anyway. A "best friend" is someone who would be sitting right next to you in that jail cell saying wasn't that a blast?!!?

Some days you're the statue, some days you get to be the pigeon!

Walk tall carry a big stick and use if ya gotta!!

Yesterday was a dare to struggle.
Today is a dare to win.

Today it's up to you to create the peacefulness you long for.
----Chinese Fortune Cookies

Peace can be lost in a moment – through stubbornness or deceit, pride, self-will, or the false comfort of an easy way out. Yet it is never too late to start looking for it again, even if it has eluded us for years.

Johann Christoph Arnold

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face. ~Ben Williams

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too. ~Samuel Butler

I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren't certain we knew better. Being such wonderfully uncomplicated beings, they need us to do their worrying. ~George Bird Evans

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend. ~Corey Ford

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. ~John Holmes

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's. ~Mark Twain

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. ~Edward Hoagland

Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed Beauty without Vanity, Strength without Insolence, Courage without Ferocity, and all the Virtues of Man, without his Vices. This Praise, which would be unmeaning Flattery if inscribed over human ashes, is but a just tribute to the Memory of Boatswain, a Dog. ~George Gordon, Lord Byron, "Inscription on the Monument of a Newfoundland Dog"

A man may smile and bid you hail
Yet wish you to the devil;
But when a good dog wags his tail,
You know he's on the level.
~Author Unknown

No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does. ~Christopher Morley

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. ~Author Unknown

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. ~Andy Rooney

If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise. ~Author Unknown

If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience. ~Woodrow Wilson

To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring — it was peace. ~Milan Kundera

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. ~Josh Billings

A dog can express more with his tail in seconds than his owner can express with his tongue in hours. ~Author Unknown

Ever wonder where you'd end up if you took your dog for a walk and never once pulled back on the leash? ~Robert Brault

This one is my favorite:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read on the train.
Oscar Wilde (The Importance of being Earnest)

The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.
Brendan Behan

Other people have a nationality. The Irish and the Jews have a psychosis.
Brendan Behan

The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are sober.
William Butler Yeats

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
Oliver Goldsmith

If one could only teach the English how to talk, and the Irish how to listen, society here would be quite civilized.
Oscar Wilde

Ireland is the Biggest Open Air Asylum In The World run by the inmates. I forget who said this.

I’m troubled, I’m dissatisfied. I’m Irish!
Marianne Moore

I’m sorry this letter is so long, I didn’t have time to make it shorter. G.B.S.

“Honor to those who endure
And honor to all who are just
To be just, upright and faithful
To reach as high as one may dare
and do no hurt, and kill no hope
let his and this alone give joy”

Gates of Repentance

The Irish are a very fair people, they never speak well of one another."

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.
Spike Milligan

Posted on a farmers gate near where I am from.
TRESPASSERS PROSECUTED - PLEASE SHUT THE GATE

Sign on an Irish gate:
The farmer allows walkers across the field for free, but the bull charges.

You know it's summer in Ireland when the rain gets warmer."
- Hal Roach

Nostalgia is a seductive liar -George W.Ball
Your time is limited so don't waste your time living someone else's life -Steve Jobs

Also I am new to this site....so send me a message if you feel like it :)

What is peace to you? Now this is not a simple answer, but it is. People get so get caught up in everything that's going around them, that I included forget to stay in in the moment.
I have to go back to when I was in my coma and in Total love and peace. It's so easy to forget. My love to Gods Heavenly Angels have helped my son and I so many times. I think my son and I live in one big miracle.

Buckeye, i'm going to show Alex my son your post. He is so interest in the civil war and blacks and whites fighting in it, and not even having the right to vote.

Back
Top Bottom