RIP Speber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shared Thanksgiving with his family. I now know where his wit, his love of life, music, and everyone came from.

I had met his parents and wife and kids; fantastic and loving. His youngest sister was sweet and loving as well.

But the family is total love. the generosity and compassion and love of life they showed was the most wonderful experience.

He never really talked openly about his epilepsy until this forum. It was just a seizure disorder that wasn't talked about, even with his family, yet their love was unconditional.

This forum helped a great guy be even better.

The family says thanks for all the warm thoughts.
Hugs to everyone.

I had been wondering about Speber the passed few times I was on this forum. I was out of town Thanksgiving week, so didn't get word of his passing until this weekend. How very sad. He was a wonderful inspiration and he will be greatly missed. My condolences to his wife and family.

Shelley thank you so much for sharing his songs with us. They are a tribute to him.

He was such a good friend. Anytime I needed a song, he would get it for me at the auditorium. He always cared about what type of music we all liked.

For those who have not been to Speber's Auditorium he has a poll asking you what type of music you like. You can still answer that poll.

He will be resurrected. That is the happy part. I share in the grief here, too. Please give my condolences to his family.

Blessings to his family in their grief. What a terrible loss.

I am so very sorry to hear this!!! Though I do not know them, my heart goes out to all his family and friends!!!!

I haven't been around for a while, but just got the sad sad e:mail.

My thoughts and prayers are with Speber's family. RIP Speb's :e:

:e: My grief cannot be measured. Speber had been a very good friend. We would PM about music, writing. Aspects of similarity.

Yes. He would not want us crying but that I did as I'm sure did many.

Speber had one of the most gentle of spirits. He was a teacher not only of music but of how to live life by example.

Below I have provided a link to Speber -Poetry/Lyrics/Personal StoryTributes for anyone one who wishes to celebrate him with words. A tender, talented man who gave "us" cause to celebrate life.

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f44/writing-tributes-speber-his-family-14278/

Thank you, friend, for the song "The Three Little Birds" by Bob Marely. I'll not worry and try to embrace life and art as you did.

Renee, I know Shelley is trying to get you in here. So when your eyes meet my words know that I am sending you and your children nothing but peace and love from Long Island to Austin. Namaste, Cinnabar

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about his passing! More must be done to find a cure for epilepsy!!!! His family is in my thoughts and prayers and may they find comfort in the memories they have. Remember, your love one is ALWAYS in your heart!!!! God bless you.

OMG! Im so sad, and in shock this has happened to such a great member of CWE. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this difficult time. And also to his family and friends here at CWE!

I remember him from when I first started at CWE. Love to all his family and friends :(

Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Please be careful of any flashes, flashing, or anything flashy.

I am semi-active here and just came across the notice in my e-mail.

My condolences go to his wife n' kids.

I haven't been on here in quite awhile and I decided to log on today to perhaps talk out some issues I've had lately. I saw that Speber had passed and it just shook me, and my heart is just breaking for his family. It's so scary to think about E taking someone's life, especially Speber's as he was a great person. I will be praying for his family and my heart goes out to you.

Back
Top Bottom