RIP Speber

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

to Renee

I can only imagine what you have went through these past several weeks. I know the pain that I have had from losing such a good friend. I think of him almost every day. His music and humor were perfect for me when I joined this site.

CWE is designed like a house. However, it is those like Spencer that made it a home for so many. He touched lives all over the world. Such a wonderful legacy to leave behind.

I have listened to one of his early CDs several times over the past weeks. It will be at the top of my play lists for a long time to come.

God Bless,
Buckeye

Hi Buckeye,
It's been very difficult especially with these last 2-3 weeks(holidays)but we are troopers and hanging in there, even though at times it feels as we are climbing a mountain and getting nowhere.

Thanks for all your nice compliments about Spence. He felt the same way about you and all the friends he made on CWE. He was such a fun loving guy
who always wanted everyone to be happy that it's no wonder he would try to make everyone feel at home on CWE. He was also that way in person.

Also when Spence joined the forum a few years back he was made to feel like that by Bernard and others and just wanted the vibe to keep going. Also, anyone who met Spence in person felt this way, because he was an easy going guy with a Huge Heart and an incredible personality.

Hi All,
This is Renee, loving wife of Spencer aka Speber.
Thanks for all your well wishing, love, thoughts and prayers. It was overwhelming on how many lives he touched in so many different ways, however not surprising.
You all meant a lot to Spencer, the CWE forum and all your experiences, stories, music helped him tremendously in dealing with his Epilepsy. He also valued all the friends he had made on the forum.

The next time your'e feeling down, say a Joke for Spencer. He loved a good laugh and was always trying to make people smile.He had such a Great Personality and Sense of Humor and loved to play jokes. Humor is great therapy for the Heart and Soul.

Spencer will live on in our hearts and wonderful memories. Heaven definitely got a Rockin Angel.
Love and Peace to All,
Sincerely,
Renee

I said a joke last night during the Super Bowl, but unfortunately the hispanic waiter didn't understand me.:-(

I told he "failed at making bad food". He thought I was saying he made bad food.:-( When I was actually remembering the first time I ate at his tiny little restaurant and how much I liked the food.

Hello Renee,
I can not tell a joke for anything. I am a musician, my brother is a stand up comedian and my oldest brother does both. But I know how you feel. So don't worry. Did you watch the Voice after the Super bowl? That was awsome. The commercials durring the superbowl would have made Spebes laugh. I'm still praying. Love you, Teresa

Happy birthday Sperber. You still are the best.

I miss your sense of humor.
Your positive attitude,
and your love.

(From His family, to Spence:

Featuring his mom and dad, youngest brother,
sisters, niece, friends, uncle, and aunts.

Last edited:
What a kick in the nuts to see his name in the birthday list. Miss you man.

:e:

What a wonderful familiy Speber has, so cool to remember him this way on his birthday. I brought tears in my eyes watching and listening to this little girl (I guess his niece?) Too bad he wasn't there with them.

Death of Speber

I have been going through old messages and found the news of the passing of Speber. Oddly and tragically, my son Tripp passed the next day. He had a seizure in the shower and hit his head. He was 21. I HATE epilepsy. I am comforted that my beautiful adventurous son no longer has to cope with seizures. My sincere condolences to the family of Speber.

Note: I started a separate thread for Tripp:

http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f31/death-tripp-15644/

Last edited by a moderator:
Speber was very adventurous, loving and kind. He would be the pillar of strength, everybody loved him (except his former boss).
He was everybody's favorite friend and brother.
I shall agree with you in that epilepsy is horrible, because I hate it too.

Just looking through the music posts and started thinking of Speber.
I miss his insight and all the sounds he introduced me to.
Thanks for every thing given!

Hi seizingbeauty,

Speber's Auditorium is still playing music. Ask Shelley.

Music is a part of biofeedback. It is really great that Speber introduced it to us.

The Auditorium

will go on until the forum disappears (if ever).

He loved music, and even played several instruments when he could get his hands on one.

calming music for the aftermath (post ictal phase)

Last edited:
Thank you Shelley for playing Bach.

It is just what I needed to calm me down. I have been referring the new ones coming into the forum to go to Speber's Audotorium. They sound all stressed out.

That is the problem.
Too many hassles, too many uneducated, too much work, not enough pay and too many bills.
Sometimes, it just gets lonely. I for one, thought I was the only one till I came here.

Bliss music, just coming out from post-ictal phase. Thank you, Shelly.

Bliss-Speber.

His Auditorium will never know silence.

Back
Top Bottom