RNS and your opinion?

gymrat827

New
Reaction score
IDK

I have a VNS & i wouldnt tell you to get one. I do have an older unit (3/3.5yrs old) but i hate it

I work in sales and it just makes things such a bitch with my voice. I did get some seizure reduction from it.....(like 2-4 per year to 1-3) but the stress i get from having my voice constantly change annoys me so much.

It has cost me so many job interviews, etc. It makes my blood boil.

When i got it put in, the RNS was the new thing hitting the block. I am not sure the particulars with it, but i can tell you if you get sides like i do and work........you will not like it.

I do work 40hr/salary inside sales position tho, if you are not working or have a profession it would not effect, i think your opinion wouldn't be as bad as mine from the side effects.

Porkette

Veteran
Reaction score
Hi finalpoet,

I was going to get the RNS but I have more than 2 areas in my brain that are triggering seizures so it wouldn't work for me. The device has long lasting batteries so they only need to be changed every 8 yrs. which is great.
It's small device with 2 wires attached to it and each time a person starts to have a seizure within a millisecond the device sends a single to the brain and stops most of the seizures. Go on line and type in rns or neuropace and you will get a bundle of info. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue