RNS and your opinion?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

IDK

I have a VNS & i wouldnt tell you to get one. I do have an older unit (3/3.5yrs old) but i hate it

I work in sales and it just makes things such a bitch with my voice. I did get some seizure reduction from it.....(like 2-4 per year to 1-3) but the stress i get from having my voice constantly change annoys me so much.

It has cost me so many job interviews, etc. It makes my blood boil.

When i got it put in, the RNS was the new thing hitting the block. I am not sure the particulars with it, but i can tell you if you get sides like i do and work........you will not like it.

I do work 40hr/salary inside sales position tho, if you are not working or have a profession it would not effect, i think your opinion wouldn't be as bad as mine from the side effects.

Hi finalpoet,

I was going to get the RNS but I have more than 2 areas in my brain that are triggering seizures so it wouldn't work for me. The device has long lasting batteries so they only need to be changed every 8 yrs. which is great.
It's small device with 2 wires attached to it and each time a person starts to have a seizure within a millisecond the device sends a single to the brain and stops most of the seizures. Go on line and type in rns or neuropace and you will get a bundle of info. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Back
Top Bottom