Sasha had a seizure while I was driving

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sashasmom

New
Reaction score
:cry:Hi everyone. Sasha had a seizure Friday while I was driving. We were coming home from my mother's house, and she started yelling "my eyes,my eyes. I can't open my eyes" Her eyes were half open and rolling. I can only see her out of the baby mirrior that I have facing the backseat in my car. Then she got quiet. I found a parking lot of a gym where I felt it was safe, jumped in the back and she was unconscience(?) I called her pediatrition and then my husband. It took me 20 bleeping minutes to get to the peds office (no freeway close by & I hit every red light!) She didn't come to until I pulled up to dr office. Her bp was low which is strange because she ate quite a bit at my mom's house. Dr doesn't know what to make of it and is calling the neuro in San Diego. (We're sticking with that one because he seems to care what happens to Sasha and wants to find out what is causing her seizures. Neuro here not so much)
I knew she was going to change her seizure pattern if you could call it that---they're random but always happened upon awakening between 8 & 8:30am. I just wasn't prepared for it to happen while I'm driving.

How scary that must have been. I do hope you find some answers soon.
Give her a hug

It is "normal" for blood pressure to be lower right after a seizure. At least, that's what the ER doc told me the last week when Stacy's blood pressure was a tiny bit low when they measured it in the ambulance.

I hope Sasha is feeling better today. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom