Scars

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hosea

New
Reaction score
How many of you have scars due to Mr & Mrs. E? I've one above my left eye lid. Almost lost my eye two years ago. I woke up strapped down and doctor
sewing my wound. The thing is I'm still alive. Are you still alive.

Hi -- I don't have major scars directly from a seizure (those have mostly resulted in aches and bruises), but I have dislocated my shoulder twice during a tonic-clonic. As a result the shoulder started popping out all the time, so I recently had surgery to repair the torn cartilage and hopefully prevent any more dislocations....

I have major burn scars on my right arm, side and across my back due to my 1st clonic/clonic seizure while stepping out of the shower. Somehow, when I fell, I went backwards and fell on the water spicket just right so it would turn only the HOT water on and I lay there long enough to suffer 1st and 2nd degree burns. I was in the hospital for TWO months due to the burns. Had to have 4 skin grafts/reconstructive surgeries. Oh, and I have a scar on the side of my head, not from a seizure itself, but from the brain surgery, at least people can't see it. And..... I AM STILL ALIVE!! :) :woot:

Clint, thanks to CWE I've been placed near, close to hear you. Cindy you are "Walking Tall"
like Eastwood. Candid also. Corny is just the heart talking, so let me say this Cindy, you are cool. Seeing the light cools you for life, if life is the descriptive word.

I have major scars on my left arm...it is not from my seizures. Had an accident where my arm was torn completely open on both sides, from wrist to elbow and had 10 surgeries to save my arm. I am not bother by them around friends and family...but am very self consciencous around strangers...usually I am only person wearing sweaters in Texas heat!

I had surgery on both shoulders, 6 months apart when I was 16 due to recurrent dislocations that was caused by muscle, tendon, ligament rippage from grand mal seizures. The procedure was a Bristow Bone Block. I have had pretty good luck with my shoulders over the years however, 30 years later they are worn slap out.

A breakthrough in 2005 dislocated my right shoulder despite the bone block and stainless steel pin and also bent the blasted pin. It looks like a cheese curl on the x-ray. LOL

I am almost positive that my breakthrough last week dislocated my left shoulder and pulled my right. I haven't been to the doc yet for this go round but I know what they are gonna tell me. Complete shoulder replacement! I really don't want to go there until I absolutely have to. About the only thing I can do in the meantime is exercises with those huge rubber bands from PT and attempt to be careful in my sleep. Yeah right!

I have some on the back of my hands both from scratching at my hands during CP seizures and the IVs put in me. :p

Haha. Good thread. I have one on my face under my left eye which is useful because I'm an identical twin.

One on my thigh where I had a T/C in a plastic yard chair- the chair snapped leaving a sharp bit that impaled me. It was a few inches deep; blood everywhere.

I have a good 4" gash on my head from landing on a stick. I definitely needed stitches, but I was off in the boonies so it didn't happen. You can't see it normally, but if I ever shave my head, it'll be a honkin ridge.

The sides of my tongue has scars, as do I'm sure, most of ours. Plus the good ol' VNS scars.

I look like I have beaten with the wrong end of a dog.
I have scars from about 30-40 stitches in my face. and ripping my right ear off. and along my chin. Most of my scars are hidden by glasses. or my hairline.
And putting my teeth through my top lip.

Most of my bad scars come from bicycle accidents.

Back
Top Bottom