seeing people or animals at night

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emee

Stalwart
Reaction score
Have any of you had auras seeing people or animals walking in your room at night? What could cause this? thanks

Hi Emee,

I've never seen people or animals but there have been many times I will see colors of the rainbow in a zig zag pattern flashing back
and forth from one eye to the other. My Epileptologist told me this was do to the optical lobe firing up and causing to much activity
in the brain. If this ever happens again tighten up all the muscles in your body and make your hands into tight fists for a few seconds
if you do it quick enough it will stop. I was told to do this back in the 1970's and it has really helped. I wish you the best of luck
and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thanks Sue! I haven't had that kind of auras either. I just heard of them. I have the kind similar to what you describe especially before a migraine.

I think hallucinations are generally associated with activity in the temporal lobe, but you should probably ask your neuro.

I think hallucinations are generally associated with activity in the temporal lobe, but you should probably ask your neuro.
My epilepsy is due to scarring on left temporal lobe

My auras are usually visions or audio.
Before my brain surgery it was surgery it was always same image but only remembered it when I had seizure.

After the surgery it changed which the neuropsych said can happened.
I started getting sound auras then dream like visions again.

I never remember what the auras are though 🙄

Hi Emee,

As Bernard mentioned often hallucinations relate to a person who has temporal lobe epilepsy. I have had this form of epilepsy
since I was a kid but before the seizures started I got wicked migraines then a yr. later the seizures began.
I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom