Seen Neur Dr. Got new meds and postive response : ), thank you Nakamova and CWE

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Maybe there's something that's making your metabolism less efficient? I assume there's nothing out of the ordinary in your diet, but maybe making a change will help. Even if you aren't hypoglycemic, you could look into eating smaller meals throughout the day to see if that helps.

I'm on Lamictal, but I seem to have had the same side effect (chronic low white blood cell count) with Dilantin and Zonisamide as well.

I will try that Nakamova, smaller meals may work. Probably why Im losing weight because I have been avoiding eating.

When white blood count is low, doesnt that make you prone for infections? Do you take anything to keep you imunity levels higher? Probably why you caught a cold? Wow, thats alot.

Yes, I figure the low WBC is why I tend to catch colds. But it's been this way for over a decade, and I haven't come down with anything serious. I don't take anything for it -- just basic vitamins and minerals -- and I try to get plenty of sleep.

maryltyme,

They say 5 to 10 days depending on the person.

Take this med with food, helps tummy big time...

my son went 17months seizure FREE when he started this med, a short time in said he felt depressed and we introduced Omega 3 and Vit E and it helped him….I can’t explain why but it did….still on both.

Then he had a flurry of T/C breakthroughs, scariest being 1st day time T/C at work, not had one of those in 8 months, thank good Lord...was emotionally stressful time in his life/head and seemed to just switch them back on big time, but gaining much better control after he removed himself from living ‘a life’ he was not ready for = emotional stress. Says enough about stress and seizures eh...gosh.

His med was upped from 1000mg to 1300mg but still the odd breakthrough and the odd twitch, these days if he doesn’t feel 100% he will pull back and take it easy, which he had to learn to do...so basically he trying lifestyle changes before he goes further up in med...

Thank u for being here for me/all of us - we so greatly appreciate you

Well its been a week today since i started the divalproex. I feel different but at the same time I feel lousy. I noticed for the last few days I've been heading down slope (slowly-thank God). I always have a little something when I take medicine, but Im probably not drinking enough water. Today, I feel like medicine head, definenately disconnected and really hard time concentrating, a little "a.d.d." right now. I also feel really spastic, like any moment my limbs are going to jump off and take of running without me. I dont like this, this at all. I've eaten and taken my meds. Im getting stuck, like starting something, then pausing because I drift off or forget what i was doing. Im at work and if I dont feel betteter by noon im going home.

"Im at work and if I dont feel betteter by noon im going home."

Do just that.....its a new med and will take bit of time to adjust I would think..

"Im at work and if I dont feel betteter by noon im going home."

Do just that.....its a new med and will take bit of time to adjust I would think..

I made it thru the entire day, not sure what kind of mess is left on desk, but will deal with that on Monday. the episode lasted forever, I got really scared for a moment, I started feeling like i was beeing pulled at both ends, I was struggling to not lose it (just exactly what is it that Im trying not to lose, I will never know). I was fully exhausted for about an hour and half after, I even put head down on desk for an half hour. Still feel funky, but not as bad, worse yet, I cant rememberr if I took med this evening. Im not going to take another one until 2morrow. Geesh, what a way to end the week. but im happy i got thru it!!!

You made it :), you trooper you!

If you do not have pill box, it’s time for one....you cannot be missing or double dosing up on your meds.

Pray you will have a peaceful weekend, so well deserved...

Back
Top Bottom